Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Why are my listings suspended?

Linda861
Level 3
Hot Springs, AR

Why are my listings suspended?

On September 23 a former guest from July reported me to AirBnB and all 4 of my listings were suspended. 

I have not been given any details.

i pocket called this guest accidentally on that day and immediately disconnected the call when I saw what had happened.  The duration of the call was mere seconds.  We never made contact. 
this guest texted me threatening to report me if I contacted her again.  I therefore immediately blocked her number.

i sent  screen shots of this to Airbnb to prove I had not called her.

this guest broke rules while she stayed with us, lied about her dog breed and size, and left a retaliatory review because we said we did not typically permit Pitt bulls.  

We have super host status for great communication and hosting.  We have been with Airbnb for 10 years.  Even so, Airbnb has taken the word of  this new toxic and dishonest guest.

i still have no details about why this suspension has happened.  

i receive apologies every day from support ambassadors and calls at very late into the night with no new information, and still my listings are all offline.

what can I do?

1 Reply 1
Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Linda861 It's hard to say unless you get 1st hand information directly from the Safety Team.

Basically it's usually something to do with 'Safety', for example, surveillance cameras, privacy intrusion, etc.

Just to give you some heads up, their investigation usually takes a week+, so it is likely that your listings will be suspended for that long while they conduct their investigation.