airbnb suspended

Cari782
Level 2
Merrillville, IN

airbnb suspended

I am a super host and my property has been suspended with no notification or explanation given to me. i have been calling and inboxing for 4 days now with absolutely no response.  I’m at a loss in what to do? 

100 Replies 100

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very similar situation. They have suspended both listing. I'm trying to get a reason for suspension.  It's been almost a month and every time I call they tell me to check my email and the case Manager will give me a call. My guest got upset because I sent a friendly reminder to not smoke or use vapor electric cigarette in the unit. She maliciously sent an inbox message stating someone being in the property and camera. She knew what would flag my listing. It's the only thing that could have caused them to suspend my listing. I wondering if they will reinstate because if they are going by what she put in my inbox it's very untrue. It's noted in listing that camera are only on the outside for the safety of the guest. I ask them if something was so bad that the guest reported why would they allow her to stay in my property if what she reported is true. This is a nightmare! Where you able to get your issue resolve with airbnb?

100% agree @Mark116 .

I currently have two listings suspended for a guest that threw a party and claimed I have cameras.

I do have a front door camera!!!

And I disclose as much on the listing and messaging.

Nothing to investigate yet here I am suspended with no response from Airbnb.

Nice to see a response from you. I have yet to receive a response from matthew who told me he would call once he completed the investigation which again should have never been conducted due to this being a year old issue that was resolved last year! I believe this only got turned over due to me reporting this to the Better Business bureau and their involvement. This was definitely handled poorly by airbnb and as a super host I did not receive the super host customer care that they claim is there for supper hosts. and the fact that they contacted my current renters and told them “ there was a potential breach by the host and that Airbnb will be canceling their reservation and they need to leave immediately” they were not happy. So this whole unfortunate situation has caused extreme stress for me,  it told a renter I breached so defamed my character and hosting credibility and blocked me from reservations so I lost money.   and yet no one has called me to apologize, to even explain what the so called breach was and I had to find out here other then reservation coming through  that my account was activated again….  

I’m a Superhost since 2011 with 200 Perfect reviews and my Airbnb has been suspended. And no one can tell me why? It is absolutely disgusting what’s going on

hello, what did you do to open it? mine is suspended and i don't know what to do.

@Brigitte150 It is unbelievable to me how apparently common this issue is.  Airbnb suspending hosts with no notification, no notice, and no cause.

This is how many of us make our mortgage payments!

I am dealing with the exact same scenario now, it is an absolute nightmare.

Hello Catherine, 

My listings have been suspended for no reason provided to me. I have made emails,messages and phone calls to Airbnb Support Teams but no clear answer is being provided since ages. Please help! 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Dr-Ammar0

I'm sorry to hear this happened; I have checked on my end and it seems someone has now been in touch with you to follow-up!

Emilie 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie Thank you so much!

hello,

what did you do to open it? mine is suspended and i dont know what to do.

Just go to emails and you should go through there

hello, what did you do to open it? mine is suspended and i don't know what to doo.

@Orhan24,@Dr-Ammar0 

I feel your pain this happened to me. I called to inquire of a one-year-old review, and because of that inquiry next thing I know I’m suspended. Spent a week trying to reach somebody at the Airbnb super host customer service team, which is a joke and another itself, they would not disclose why I was suspended only that they were doing an investigation and they will get back to me once it’s done. Per their policy my current reservations wouldn’t be affected, but they literally force one of my current one month rentals to cancel their reservation. At the end of the investigation  I was cleared of any assumptions. But the damage was done. I am leaving the Airbnb platform and going to evolve, they actually  market your property over five different platforms. but back to the suspension, I eventually reached out to the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint, they were very quick to respond to them. Next thing I know the suspension is lifted they never even bothered to reach out to me I just started getting bookings again. And when I called they said they found no breach on my part but would keep this on my file. I’ll because I called to inquire about a one-year-old bad review, the only bad review I have ever received and it was a lie because they violated our house rules. I would’ve never thought reaching out to super host customer service I would be treated so grotesquely!!!! left me speechless…. 

Hello I’m in Nashville Tennessee and the same thing has happened to me.  I have called, emailed, get many promises to look into the issue with no resolve.  I have an open weekend and this will cause me to lose $2000

This happened after a 3rd party booking where momma made the reservation for 8 and dropped off 12 22 year olds at my historic home.  I never rent to 20 somethings because I do not allow parties.  Momma did not stay there.  How do I know bc I have cameras ( that are disclosed) at my front and back doors and gates. All exterior.  All I can figure is that she complained and airbnb is penalizing me!  I am a super host for most of 4 years except covid and have never had a problem ever with guests but now after this nightmare of 3rd party booking airbnb is penalizing me!  They were no help either in advice  in how to handle at the time. Told me to send the video which I did and then no response from airbnb. I’m feeling very abused as this has been going on for 2 weeks now.  Also never notified either of suspension   Some business partner! 

Contact Better business bureau ! It may help!