listing is at risk of suspension or removal

Answered!
Mathieu393
Level 2
Monchy-Humières, France

listing is at risk of suspension or removal

HI,

I got a email saying my listing is at risk of suspension or removal due to a bad review in february.

I did bring an answer to this guest and I dont know what else to do

The bad review was about the fact the place was smaller than expected... but the size of the appartement is accurate ( 22 square meters), but the guest came with 2 big dogs and wrote a bad public review in the meantimes they send a kind private note...

how can I solve this?

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Mathieu393  There may be nothing to solve. A 'risk of suspension' letter oftentimes is send automatically deifying logic, I would not give it much weight till further notice.

Your respond to the guest was good, but could have use less explanation: "Glad you had a great time as you stated in your personal message and yes, I ran out of time and barely got the chance to put my tools away. Wish you the best of journeys and once again thank you coming."

The point: always make light of all 'negative' situations in hosting and put any negativity ASAP on the rear window.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Tuğ-Kağan0
Level 1
Antalya, Turkey

Bunların bir görseli varmı elinde güvenlik kamerası gibi 

of course not !!! I have no camera

Why this question?

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Mathieu393  There may be nothing to solve. A 'risk of suspension' letter oftentimes is send automatically deifying logic, I would not give it much weight till further notice.

Your respond to the guest was good, but could have use less explanation: "Glad you had a great time as you stated in your personal message and yes, I ran out of time and barely got the chance to put my tools away. Wish you the best of journeys and once again thank you coming."

The point: always make light of all 'negative' situations in hosting and put any negativity ASAP on the rear window.

Mathieu393
Level 2
Monchy-Humières, France

@Fred13 

thank you for your nice answer 

I will follow your advice and keep it positive !!

have a great day 

Matthieu,  it sounds like you are trying to be a good host.  AirBnB is just talking.  They won’t take action.  Here is a case I experienced recently in Orlando, Fl where a bad host double booked a reservation we had for a year and told us 23 hours before check in and tried to squeeze us in to an alternate house.  I complained but AirBnB did not reject him nor did they post a caution on his site.  Here are the facts:

AirBnB 

Host ** is NOT TO BE TRUSTED. 

He texted me at 4 pm the day before we were to arrive at reservation**.  He lied and said a pipeline had broken and offered me a substitute.  The text communication was NOT FROM AIR BNB. I called Air BnB and they knew nothing of this scam.

I called **'s phone number and got no response nor text.  His offer was “take it or leave it”.

4 hours passed and AirBnB did not call back.  We called them, air BnB again.  Then Mike (Miguel) stayed on the line for an hour trying to locate other “ last minute properties for 9 bedrooms in Orlando area) for the next 4 days.  Mike was an immense help!

1.  He issued a full refund for “NOT TO BE TRUSTED **'s reservation made in March the prior year.

2.  He helped find 3 possible properties at the near price and distance from Disney.

3.  He helped us communicate with the new hosts before reserving.

4.  He held our hand figuratively and made us feel completely cared for while dealing with this last minute stress that host** caused.

5. ** eventually connected and confessed that he booked the property to some else.  We looked online and saw that he was charging $239 more per night! ** is an irreputable host who AirBnB should remove from their rental listings.

6.  Fortunately, AirBNB held my money and it was returned.  Had we panicked and accepted **’s last minute scam, he would have received all of our money for a substitute location.  This** went off AirBnB to communicate.  He is a deceiver who has done this before and will continue until Air BnB removes his listings.

7.  After 6 hours of Jason's first text,** cancelled our reservation which was made one year prior!  We think it was so he would avoid my negative review comments. ** is what some might call a “**” or a “**”

8.  I would like to add my review on **'s site at **

So, thanks to Mike of AirBnB our vacation was salvaged at another house.  Vacations are supposed to be stress free.  

This kind of flim-flam host,**, should be stricken from AirBnB.

Dale

**[Name & Identifiable information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Martin3684
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello Mathieu, just received the email due to guest leaving a bed review after he tried to get into my neighbors house. As you can imagine, my neighbor was upset.

anything else happened afterwards? 

Thanks!