Airbnb telling the guests what to write to cancel for free

Arnold11
Level 6
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Airbnb telling the guests what to write to cancel for free

Hello everyone, 

I host in Edinburgh and I only just found out, that Airbnb is even actually providing the guests with their own prepared messages what to write to cancel for free. I keep getting the exact same messages from different guests, who are cancelling: "Unfortunately, I won’t be able to stay at your place after all because of the incident affecting Edinburgh." How kind of Airbnb supporting the guests, but what about the hosts? Why do we need to take all this burden on ourselves? It's absolutely not our fault as well and we should be supported the same as the guests! Didn't anyone think about giving 50% refund to the guests and the rest 50% for the hosts, which, in my opinion, would be fair enough? Airbnb could not make things even worse for the hosts. I'm shocked how unprofessional and unfair they are. The hosts are clearly not important at all for Airbnb.  

1 Reply 1
Jason1350
Level 10
San Diego, CA

I was appalled when I saw that message being used within multiple cancellations. I imagine it was put in place as the extenuating circumstance full guest refund required guests to notify hosts. But don’t hold your breadth it’s unlikely we’ll ever get an explanation or an apology for that. As if the burden doesn’t already sting, an auto reply that was scripted to be personal. Come on @Airbnb , please stop kicking us when we’re already down!