@Corona Virus and Super host credit

@Corona Virus and Super host credit

Hi All- just wanted your thoughts. I host in Australia and my Host voucher (1 night credit) expires in June 2020. I recently asked Airbnb if it could be extended just until the Corona virus is sorted out as travelling is becoming more difficult here both domestic and internationally and this was the response from Airbnb support   :David wrote         "I was able to check it out Michele and my apologies we're not able to extend a travel credit. You still have some time before it expires and you don't need to travel in a far and distant land. The travel credit is there for you to enjoy and relax"

My thoughts are I don't think anyone could" enjoy and relax "until the Corona Virus is contained and I was a bit disappointed with Air BNB's response .Would like to hear if anyone else had a similar experience `Stay safe everyone Cheers  Michele

37 Replies 37

@Huma0 @Sarah977 

If it comes down to it...... I'm up for the 3 of us doing a 3-way swap if you guys are interested~ 🙂 Lol~~

Technically,  the superhost credit is not money out of my pocket..... rather it was gifted to me by Airbnb. So not using it means it goes back to Airbnb and is better for them if I don't use it.

If I DO use it.... then Airbnb is paying their own fees and for whatever payout is due to the host from the credit they gave me.... which is actually money from Airbnb. 

And while Airbnb says they don't allow 3rd party bookings, there have been plenty of cases where, if the host is aware and accepts.... then Airbnb says it's perfectly fine. So who are they to say I'm not allowed to book a stay for *a friend* who *happens* to need to stay at a fellow host's listing using my credit, and when all parties involved are okay with the arrangement. Or.... truth be told...... I can book with credit and decide NOT TO TRAVEL but still want the host to be paid for the booking. Nothing wrong with that...... It's MY credit to *blow* however I want, on a stay I won't be making. 

Henry and I were planning to use the credit during a trip to Gyeongju this spring (which we've postponed indefinitely) And even if there is no "swap" I'd rather just give that credit to a fellow host than let Airbnb benefit from me not using it. Like Huma said..... it would probably add up~ Probably more than the lousy 12.5% that some hosts MIGHT get. 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

I like that idea, how to find the hosts most in need & arrange a "stay?"

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

This was meant to be the year we could travel & I had plans to do a house swap with a lovely Brooklyn couple we hosted last year, fellow hosts who love cats & have a strong Berkeley connection, it would have been perfect for everybody!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sally221   :-((

Linda149
Level 4
Ilkley, United Kingdom

This is the response i got when asking for an extension beyond 1st July 202
Airbnb Support09:19
Hi Linda, my name is Joana R and I'm with Airbnb support. I'd be happy to help you today. I understand the urgency of your concern regarding your voucher/ coupon expiration. Unfortunately we cannot extend the validity of the coupon.
Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Michele1248 My Superhost cradit is end this july, As this year I can't travel outside. I plan to use it with Online-Experience that I interesting.

Natalia970
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi There,

I am in the same boat and I had a credit of 120Euro which has expired in september 2020 . No reminder email from the AirBNB and I didn't even realise that it has expiry date on it . One thing i dont understand is that if i have my money kept with some one why would the money get expired . Voucher is literally like money .  Airbnb response and customer services is like WE DONT CARE. 

Hi Natalia,

This is Carlo S a Supervisor from Airbnb, and I hope that you are keeping well. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently experiencing an unusually high volume of requests.

We understand that you are requesting to extend the coupon and that this has been a frustrating experience for you. Sadly a coupon's expiration date cannot be adjusted. Please refer to this Airbnb Helpcenter article for the terms of an Airbnb Coupon.