Dear Airbnb, I See Your True Colors...

O4
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Dear Airbnb, I See Your True Colors...

Dear Airbnb, the founders, its investors, it’s staff, if there’s one thing I would say today, it will be “Thank you for everything and Eff you too”

Because this is what you have said to me as well. You have thanked me in your nonsense letters of late. If there’s one thing the COVID-19 has done, it’s to bring out the true value and meaning of everything.

Today I received another cancellation-email. You issued a full refund. Without my permission. No problem. But there’s one problem. 99% of my guests are business-stays and work-related travels. What does this mean? They travel with insurance or on company-sponsored trips.

For instance, my would-be-guest for arriving in mid-end of April. I understand the cancellation. His event was cancelled, his employer, a massive university, had granted all its staff a time-off. Yet you issued a full refund to a company that could care less about the refund because they probably have insurance.

So I the host, got screwed. My time wasted. I was never compensated. For the loss of Opportunity for another guest to have booked that time slot.

And I am a 5-star super-host with a strict-policy.

Thank you once again, AirBnB, for everything and “eff you too”.

Sincerely,

-An Ex Host to Be

2 Replies 2
Paul60
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Well said - I agree 100%

Airbnb are Snakes.
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@O4  I am not in the same position as you as I don't get business bookings. However, one of my long-term guests was told to leave by her university, who said they would refund the accommodation fees. I told Airbnb this. She told Airbnb this. Still, they gave her a 100% refund. Now she can't get reimbursed by her university, so can't pay me.

By the way, this guest was not covered by the extenuating circumstances (she was already two months into a four month stay) and was happy to pay as per the long-term cancellation policy. Airbnb in its wisdom decided to ignore her, ignore me, ignore THEIR OWN extenuating circumstances policy.