Level 2
Glencaple, United Kingdom

Grant for Superhosts

Ok. How do we apply for this Grant. 

13 Replies 13
Cedric3
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

David my understanding regarding this announcement directed at Superhost, which does appear to be very generous will be made available in April 2020! Although targeted at Superhost who have held this role for more than a year - it is not clear what the position is if Airbnb will introduce a demarcation rating linked to Superhost Level? The generous offer will entitle you to receive up to $5,000. Yesterday announcement from CEO Brian Chesky was welcomed and clearly appeared to be sincere! However, the cynic in me looks at the timing the statement, when Superhost status are up for reviews in the month of April! I suspect these partnerships will be easily disposable!

David49
Level 2

Thank you 

David49
Level 2

It doesn’t  like be putting on here that they are keeping there service change and issuing a voucher for further trips they book 

Their site said:

When does this application process start?
We’ll invite eligible hosts to apply and start sending out relief grants to approved hosts in late April 2020.

But all that aside, the criteria are arbitrary IMHO: they only consider people who have up to two listings. We have 3, so even though we live in our own home where we rent out those rooms, that makes us ineligible, the way it is worded right now. Also, b/c it's invite by email, we can't even make our case and appeal whatever decision they seem to have already made. NOT COOL.

@Sofie59    As far as I can see it is only for Superhosts. I guess funds are limited so they are drawing a deep line in the sand (try contacting them as your rooms are all in one place - your home).  I lost my SH end of year.  It sure brings dishonest/retaliatory reviews that Airbnb has refused to remove (despite proof) into sharp and painful focus.

@Ange2 wrote:

@Sofie59    As far as I can see it is only for Superhosts. I guess funds are limited so they are drawing a deep line in the sand (try contacting them as your rooms are all in one place - your home).  I lost my SH end of year.  It sure brings dishonest/retaliatory reviews that Airbnb has refused to remove (despite proof) into sharp and painful focus.

The superhost criteria is one thing. I can understand that part, but not the way the status has been handled, as you describe. Retaliatory reviews have been a problem for a long time.

As for funds being limited, the last figure I saw was they brought in $3 billion in profits last i saw. That is thanks to people like everybody in this message thread and elsewhere in this hosting community.

PS. We have complained about the listing cutoff, but I don't expect a reply from them.

David49
Level 2

We all need assistance ,no matter how many listings we have. We All have made Airbnb to what it is today.  I still can’t find out how to get the grant  

David49
Level 2

Yep Sofie 

It’s  going to be interesting if they contact us. 

Jennifer2220
Level 2
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

Hi.  I am not sure how to apply for this grant.  I have 3 listings and I am a Superhost for 3 years, I hope I am eligible.

Jennifer2220
Level 2
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

I notice I am level 1 on my profile here, does anyone know what this means?

David49
Level 2

Hi Jennifer

Im still waiting to be contacted. 
Don’t know what the legal means 

Cedric3
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have been with Airbnb since 2016 and in 2017 was a Superhost- since April 2020 following an email I sent to the community referencing Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky generous grant offer of up to $5,000. And my concern the number of Superhost status up for the April assessment! Was informed by an Airbnb representative and forwarded to an Airbnb link, that all April assessment to be suspended until June! They went ahead and removed my Superhost status! Airbnb are not to be trusted, using terms like partnerships, listening and working together is only to line the pockets of there shareholders! The brand Airbnb will be damages when this unfortunate crisis comes to an end! I suspect that the grants will not be made available after the June assessment- they Airbnb, will use this crisis to not pay the wonderful hosts who have shown commitment and sincerity to the whole Airbnb community! But please don’t forget I am a cynic!!