President Greg Greeley COVID-19 REFUNDS 100%

Denise13
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

President Greg Greeley COVID-19 REFUNDS 100%

Dear Greg, 

How insulting for you to write to me, a super host with over 1200 reviews about your decision to CHANGE my cancellation policy to 100% instant refund to guests, no questions asked. You essentially spit on your TRUST in me. Trust that I have faithfully GIVEN TO YOU the past 5 YEARS. Further insulting, your letter has no ability to reply to you. 

I have 3 employees that are head of households. My cleaning lady has 6 kids and has worked for me for 3 years. You have buried us financially. Put all of us at high financial risk of loosing any financial security and homes. 

in the least YOU should have made and still should make one of the following decisions:

1. Allowed Superhosts to manage their guests. Remember you gave that portion of our partnership to us. Was not your to take away. 

2. Only refunded 1/2 to split financial burden. We could have probably accepted that under the circumstances. 

3. Allowed Superhosts to give vouchers for a later stay to our guests. You should have created the platform to do so. 

4. Pay Superhosts their payouts and you refund guests. Take the loss for us since you took away your trust in us. 

Obviously the only option left to you is #4. You should do something for us, those of us who built your company and trusted you with our livelihoods. 

Your decision to not trust us, to refund against our policies, to have a horrible response to our anger at your decision, took away all community trust in your platform. We now cannot trust you to keep your word or have faith in our humanity and host community. 

I am considering leaving this Airbnb family I had grown to adore, no more. You hurt us. I and my staff will suffer because of you. 

I do think a reply from you, Mr. Greeley is necessary at this time. 

Warmly, Denise 

3 Replies 3
Thomas977
Level 10
Tønsberg, Norway

Please sign petition http://chng.it/Sj9nRW7VDn (AirBNB's UNFAIR treatment of HOSTS amid COVID-19)

Thomas977
Level 10
Tønsberg, Norway
Thomas977
Level 10
Tønsberg, Norway