We are not partners, Brian. Sorry.

We are not partners, Brian. Sorry.

Hi Brian,

After what feels like an eternity for us hosts, yesterday on the 30th of March you figured it's about time to actually start giving a **bleep** and reach out to all those who make Airbnb what it is and whom you've so casually thrown under the bus. Although I got mildly excited to see some big numbers thrown around, that excitement went quickly away. Why, you ask? Let me put it bluntly:

1. I got excited when I saw the Superhost help you've mentioned. We've been Superhosts since the beginning. Not only that, we are now the first Airbnb Plus homes in Romania on 2 of our properties... to which we pay mortgage on... and have a line of credit. But that "help" doesn't apply to us because it only applies to Superhosts with 1 property. Because although this is mine & my fiancée's single revenue source and clearly have bigger debts to cover, we are somehow being condemned for the fact that we chose to grow our homes thru your platform. You felt the need to discriminate and not offer support for at least 1 of our homes. 

2. You've made the grand gesture of paying us back 25% of what we were entitled to from the beginning. That's so thoughtful of you! I'll call the bank right now and tell them to hold on, Brian's got us covered... 25% out of the Cancelation Policy is NOTHING. Keep your money and buy yourself an online course on how to better manage crisis situations & an empathy manual.

What did HomeAway do? Did they reach into my pocket like @Airbnb did? No! They offered us the opportunity to reimburse guests in full if we could and if not, pay them back 50%. So simple and fair to both parties involved.

P.S. Look on the bright side. You're still charging us hosts a service fee for the few cheep bookings we still get nowadays for those long stays. You'll get that money back in no time!

So NO, Brian. We are not partners. Sorry.

0 Replies 0