Наш опыт на Airbnb./Our experience on Airbnb.

Наш опыт на Airbnb./Our experience on Airbnb.

Впервые мы познакомились с этой платформой в 2014 году как путешественники.

Когда мы узнали об этой платформе и начали регистрироваться прочитав все правила. Мы были настолько воодушевлены всем этим и это был такой нестандарт что-то не похожее на всё остальное, мы подумали, неужели мысли других людей совпадают с нашими? Это классно!

С 2017 мы решили, почему бы не попробовать себя на этой платформе и как хозяева - принимать гостей. Мы изучили все правила и были согласны с ними. Эта платформа была для нас - двигателем мира!

Мы зарегистрировали своё небольшое жильё. В первое время это было так классно, принимать гостей из других стран. Один из нас даже выучил французский и английский языки.

Предоставление жилья на платформе Airbnb не являлось для нас сильным дополнительным заработком. 

Мы никогда не завышали цену мы всегда ориентировались на обычного среднего человека, который хочет приехать в нашу страну в наш город и пожить в ней по доступной стоимости. Мы старались всё делать для этого. Мы с пониманием отнеслись к правилам уборки во время пандемии и соблюдали большой ряд условий.

Совсем недавно, мы с семьёй сели и подсчитали все расходы и приходы за последний год и получилось, что у нас нет дополнительного заработка и, когда мы об этом поговорили в семье, то мы дружно улыбнулись и решили что это просто наше хобби) 

Мы могли бы сдать квартиру и без Airbnb. Но выбрали именно эту платформу. 

И, только мы, с трудом пережили этих два года пандемии, за период которой компания Airbnb не особо сориентировалась и не поддержала хозяев (Мы просто поражены!) никаких особых мер поддержки мы не почувствовали.

И что происходит сейчас?какое же мы получили разочарование в платформе Airbnb (на данный момент я понимаю, что они равны между нашим восторгом вначале и ужасной реальностью сейчас) и в ваших двойных стандартах и лицемерии.

Какая толерантность?  Какое отсутствие дискриминации? Почему вы всё время себе врете, выдавая желаемое за действительное?

Почему было по-человечески не написать не подготовить заранее хозяев из России и Белоруссии, предупредить их о том, что возможен уход компании и поищите, пожалуйста, себе другие платформы. (Почему обычные люди должны были пострадать? И расплачиваться за то что творят правительства всех наших стран?) Заслуженный наградной бонус теперь никак не использовать. Этого как-будто и не было. Гости, которые ещё зимой составили свои планы, забронировали наше жильё, пишут, что не могут написать нам и волнуются, куда ушли их деньги, и честны ли МЫ перед ними, примем ли их. По телефону в поддержку теперь не дозвониться, ждала 20 минут. На письма в поддержку о спаме и мусоре, который нам присылают, не отвечали много дней.

Так отыграться на обычных простых людях🙈

А вы уверены в том что правда это то что ВЫ знаете??? Вы точно уверены в этом? А если это не так, будет ли вам стыдно потом за своё поведение?

Опять же, беженцы, чтобы вы понимали, из того государства, про которое вы все совсем недавно узнали, соседнего с нами, бегут не только в Европу!!! но и в Россию у них здесь гораздо больше родственников, чем где-либо и многим из них здесь тоже нужно жильё на время. Это такой позор для всего мира - этим людям не помогает даже Красный крест, который, вроде, вне политики.

В какой-то степени я, например, даже рада, что последние события обнажили наши натуральные отношения друг к другу. Сразу всё стало честно и прозрачно.

Спасибо всем, если дочитали до конца./

We first got acquainted with this platform in 2014 as travelers.
When we found out about this platform and started registering after reading all the rules. We were so inspired by all this and it was such a non-standard something not like everything else, we thought, do other people's thoughts really coincide with ours? This is cool!
Since 2017, we decided why not try ourselves on this platform and, as hosts - receive guests. We studied all the rules and agreed with them. This platform was for us - the engine of the world!
We registered our small home. At first it was so cool to have guests from other countries. One of us even learned French and English.
Hosting on the Airbnb platform was not a strong additional income for us.
We have never inflated the price, we have always focused on the average ordinary person who wants to come to our country to our city and live in it at an affordable cost. We tried to do everything for this. We were sympathetic to the rules of cleaning during the pandemic and complied with a large number of conditions.
Most recently, my family and I sat down and calculated all the expenses and receipts for the last year and it turned out that we do not have additional income, and when we talked about this in the family, we smiled together and decided that this was just our hobby)
We could rent an apartment without Airbnb. But chose this particular platform.

And, only we, with difficulty, survived these two years of the pandemic, during which Airbnb did not really orient itself and did not support the hosts (We are simply amazed!) We did not feel any special support measures.

And what is happening now? what a disappointment we got in the Airbnb platform (at the moment I understand that they are equal between our enthusiasm at the beginning and the terrible reality now) and in your double standards and hypocrisy.
What kind of tolerance? What lack of discrimination? Why do you lie to yourself all the time, wishful thinking?

Why wouldn’t it be humane to write and prepare the hosts from Russia and Belarus in advance, warn them that the company’s departure is possible and, please, look for other platforms. (Why did ordinary people have to suffer? And pay for what the governments of all our countries are doing?) A well-deserved reward bonus is now not to be used in any way. It was like it didn't exist. Guests who made their plans in the winter, booked our accommodation, write that they cannot write to us and are worried where their money went, and whether WE are honest with them, whether we will accept them. Can't get through on the phone now, waited 20 minutes. Support emails about spam and junk sent to us went unanswered for many days.
So to recoup on ordinary ordinary people🙈

Are you sure it's true what YOU know? Are YOU sure about this? And if this is not so, will you be ashamed later for your behavior?

Again, refugees, so that you understand, from the state that you all recently learned about, neighboring with us, are fleeing not only to Europe !!! but they also have many more relatives here in Russia than anywhere else, and many of them here also need housing for a while. This is such a shame for the whole world - even the Red Cross, which, it seems, is out of politics, does not help these people.

To some extent, for example, I am even glad that recent events have exposed our natural relationship to each other. Everything became clear and transparent.

Thank you all for reading to the end.

22 Replies 22
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Vladimir-and-Elena1 

The decision made is explained in more detail in this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/mar/04/airbnb-suspends-all-operations-in-russia-and-bela...

You can address B. Chesky directly (or read comments from others) via the Tweet link in the article

@Emiel1 

Извините, я не совсем понял, что вы хотели этим сказать?

Кстати, Вы дали ссылку на сайт известного издательства, так вот, я считаю, что если издательство не проверяет достоверность всей информации, которую оно публикует, то доверять такому источнику я не могу. Мировые новостные агентства должны нести юридическую ответственность за то, что они публикуют. Например, в этой статье в конце не совсем достоверен материал о «разрыве связей» крупных компаний: «Airbnb присоединяется к быстро увеличивающемуся и обширному списку компаний, разрывающих связи или приостанавливающих деятельность в России, включая Ikea, глобальная рекрутинговая компания Hays, Apple, Netflix и все крупные голливудские студии, розничные продавцы H&M, Marks & Spencer, Burberry и Boohoo, а также производители автомобилей, включая Ford, BMW и Mercedes-Benz».

У России сейчас нет доступа к Twitter.

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

Thank you for sharing your valuable perspective and insights. These are difficult and frustrating times. Much love to you & your loved ones.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@ Vladimir and Elena 1, Sorry this terrible war has lead to this H 

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

Ohhh this is what hearts my hart. It is always the normal people who get heart. Airbnb makes a political statemen, a marketing move .. It doesn’t heart them. It hearts you. This platform should stand up against this all and shout it out that they stand for THEIR community. 
@Vladimir-and-Elena1 I hope the world will come to its sences some time soon. 

Groetjes Katja

@ Катя202  Thank you for your opinion. We also sincerely hope for peace.

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

the company I work with has also had calls from some people suggesting Russian members be banned from the site, and banned from earning money. This is outrageous and I do not support any of this behaviour. Everyday Russians don't get to vote on who their leader is, and they don't get to vote on whether to go to war either.   

I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Mauricio467
Host Advisory Board Member
Cancún, Mexico

It breaks my heart to read your words.

Reading your reviews I imagine that you are an exceptional host. Like everyone else, I hope that this situation is temporary and that through this App we can unite and connect as human beings, no matter where you are from.

That is the meaning Belo.

With my best wishes for the near future.

Mauricio

@Mauricio467  спасибо за добрые слова. Спасибо за добрые слова.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vladimir-and-Elena1  I also think it despicable that Airbnb has blocked Russians from using the platform. It flies in the face of all their non-discrimination rhetoric.

It's one thing for the rest of the world to levy sanctions, close down banking, seize oligarchs yachts and foreign property, in an attempt to put pressure on Putin to stop this war- that also hurts all Russians, unfortunately. 

But to block those with long standing Airbnb accounts from hosting or booking as guests is disgusting. 

Thank you Sarah for your opinion.
I must say that I managed to get through to the support service, this time quite quickly. And when I expressed my opinion that the guests who will arrive soon have no opportunity to communicate with me, they answered me, or rather suggested that the guest may have several accounts (to be honest, I did not know that this was possible on this platform) or she just forgot her login password. Although, when communicating with a guest in other messengers, she sent me a screenshot of the Airbnb page to which access was closed at that time.
We are waiting for these guests from day to day and I hope everything goes well)

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

@Vladimir-and-Elena1 sorry it happened you, it's definitely not fair. You hear and read so much about equality and non-discrimination from Airbnb and yet they put all Russians in the same bag.

Karla533
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

@Vladimir-and-Elena1  Since you can rent your place without AirBnB, why don’t you? 

Your President Putin is a war criminal and he must, and will be,  stopped.  Putin is filling official Russian media with lies. You are being lied to. We in the West are watching real videos and live coverage from trustworthy sources that you probably cannot see. You live under a dictatorship, I as an American live under a democracy. 

Your inconvenience and a few cancelled vacations is nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing compared with dead civilians and destroyed cities, bombed hospitals, schools, nursing homes, apartments. Dead children. Dead old people. We have access to hundreds, if not thousands, of videos from Ukraine. From multiple sources. 

We will not be fooled by Russian propaganda and lies from Putin. Putin is lying about the reasons for this war. The Ukrainians do NOt want Russian rule. The nazis do not control Ukraine—their democratically elected President is Jewish! Germany, an expert on the subject, also says this. There is no evidence that Russians are being discriminated against in Ukraine. 

We can trust our journalists, and official news sources, and NATO. **The entire free world condemns Putin and his army. ** There are virtually no exceptions. Switzerland, which has been neutral for 500 years, has condemned Putin and is preventing Putin from accessing his personal wealth in Switzerland. 

Sanctions ARE working to help end this horrible war started by Putin. The inconvenience experienced by Russian citizens helps weaken Putin’s grip on power. You have to suffer a inconsolable that others may live. 

The USA Department of Defense reports that at least 15,000 Russian soldiers have been killed  in Putin’s war so far.  Ukrainians are blowing up Russian military vehicles, boats, and personnel in large numbers. Russians are surrendering to the Ukrainians and are prisoners of war. Ukrainians are chasing Russians out of their cities. 

That is what is happening. I am proud of the United States of America, the European Union, and the many other countries that are standing up against Putin with sanctions. 

Karla533
Level 10
Santa Fe, NM

Just an edit— that sentence should have read, “You have to suffer an inconvenience that others may live.”