0 protection from Airbnb

Levente6
Level 2
Tierp, Sweden

0 protection from Airbnb

I have maintained a 5 star rep. for nearly 2 years and over a 100 groups now, when the nearby Hotel's owner send his father to book my place. When they left, they give me a 4 star which put down my overall score and they wrote a 2 word review making nonsense with it... Airbnb wouldnt remove the review because its not violating any policy...

Its only ruining my soul and my buisness... Well done not protecting your own and my interest!!

Im fed up totally!!!

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Levente6 

You wrote for J. an excellent review !

1 four star review will not ruin your business.

I had no reason not to... they were bearly there, used almost nothing and in writing all was good... no reason for him giving 4 stars other than he had fals claims about my address being wrong and such which i proved with pics to support that its just not true....

He just wanted to ruin my rating, but whats more upsetting that airbnb doing nothing about this...

@Levente6   It's unrealistic to keep a 5.0 star rating permanently, no matter how amazing your hosting is. Your listing's overall score is 4.99, and in a sane world 4/5 is still considered a positive rating. This is not a horror that you need "protection" from - you'll find that at the end of the day, no harm has been done. 

It is not unrealistic... I give all the guest my best, they feel and see that when they rate me, they rate the overall experience and thats always 5 star... I would not have it otherwise! I make sure people get what they book and than more... This person had no reason to rate me down like this... Forexample: I always offer to meet them at person if the want or they can just check in with a lockbox. Than they have all info on airbnb on my check in procedure. And if thats not enough i send them a fully detailed message starting with the address and how to get in... and I have an extra, easy access hidden key too just in case.... Now after this how can you rate my check in 4 star???????

@Levente6  Star ratings are very subjective. It's rather egotistical to insist that every guest consider9 your place to deserve a 5* rating just because you think it does.

That said, you may indeed have a place that always deserves 5*s and obviously the majority of your past guests have agreed, which you should be thankful for.

I can understand your irritation if you are pretty sure this was an intentional act by the competition to harm your business. But it seems to me that if that was the intent, the star rating would have been much lower than 4*s.

This isn't some huge deal exclusive to you- tons of hosts get low star ratings they don't deserve. It's too bad, but not something to dwell on.

Not needed to give a worse than this rating, it was just enough to put my 5 star to 4.99. I dont care other countries or other host how and what they doing... In Sweden people are nice and its fun to hosting people...if I dont give them a reason they are not gonna give worse than 5 stars...  I gave no reason here too... and again, the problem is Airbnb's attitude towards this issue! Its clearly a competitors bad faith review.

@Levente6   May this be the greatest of your worries. 🙄