$250 MILLION HOST AID / SUPERHOST RELIEF FUND

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

$250 MILLION HOST AID / SUPERHOST RELIEF FUND

$250 Million Host Aid

Message from Airbnb - 20/04/20

* Hosts will receive an email when a support payment is issued.

* This email will have an attached csv file which they can open in  Excel or Google sheets to review details of all the reservations that were included in the disbursement

* If a host hasn't received an email yet, their disbursement hasn't been issued yet

Timeline for next waves of hosts to receive payments and emails

1. 20 April 2020 - 20K hosts
  2. 21 April 2020 - 145K hosts
  3. 22 April 2020 - 150K hosts
  4. 23 April 2020 - 184K hosts

Thanks again for being a valued Airbnb host.

Superhost Relief Fund

Starting on April 10, 2020, a specialized team at Airbnb will be inviting eligible Superhosts and hosts of experiences to apply for a relief grant via email.  Invitations to apply will go out first to long-standing Superhosts who are in the greatest financial need, by looking at the earnings decline from this year to last. This same team will evaluate applications and get in touch with hosts to let them know whether their applications are approved. All invitations will be sent out by May 15, 2020.

5 Replies 5
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

UPDATE 09/04/20

Answers to your questions about the Superhost Relief Fund – Resource Centre

https://www.airbnb.ie/resources/hosting-homes/a/answers-to-your-questions-about-the-superhost-relief...

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

UPDATE 16/04/20

Answers to your questions about $250M aid to support hosts impacted by cancellations – Resource Centre

https://www.airbnb.ie/resources/hosting-homes/a/250m-to-support-hosts-impacted-by-cancellations-165

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

Thank you for posting. I just found out that a local educational institution (.the Omega Institute, Rhinebeck NY) has announced it’s cancelling it’s entire 2020 season. Since 99% of my Airbnb income is tied to this venue, I just lost $20,000 in income. I received nonstop chimes yesterday as the rest of my bookings cancelled. 

Sure would like to know how those invitations are being determined. But the truth is - who among us has NOT suffered, and how do you decide who is suffering more?

Maya417
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Dear;

I always expect to receive this Host support for May 2020 ..We are the end of July.. and on Airbnb they suppose to send several cancelled eligible reservations due COVID19 but we didn't receive anything.

I replay many times from 18 of June till now; even any of the airbnb support team never answer anything.

This is really crazy...

What we can do to contact some in charge of Airbnb ???

They cancelled the phone communication.. Really I am frustrated..

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maya417 Are you sure you cancellations were eligible?

1) Did you have a strict cancellation policy when booking was made

2) were the stays that were cancelled due to take place between Mar 14th and end May?

3) did the guest cancel or was it the host?

4) If you look in 'reservations' and click on the 'cancelled' tab what does it say about eligibility?