250 million payment. Was I duped?

Satori0
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

250 million payment. Was I duped?

Hi guys, has anyone been paid this week from the 250 million cancelation fund? We were fully booked in Bali, two properties until end of May, strict cancelation policy, and have heard nothing. I also read this in another thread. It’s shocking if it’s true.

Even then, there are several loopholes built into the programme which exclude unwitting hosts from receiving that 12.5% - for example, CX were routing certain COVID/EC cancellation requests to hosts, that featured an "Issue Full Refund" button. Knowing that the guest was entitled to a full refund anyway, lots of unsuspecting hosts did press the button to refund, without realising that this is classified as a "mutual cancellation" by Airbnb, and therefore the host the forfeits their claim.

We received this message for ALL our cancelations and wanting to avoid causing grief for our guests, knowing they would cancel anyway by submitting documents (all flights were cancelled) we accepted it. Were we duped out of support by this Airbnb created technicality? 

0 Replies 0