A house with a murder case in ** hosted by so-called "superhost"**

Minshu0
Level 4
Chicago, IL

A house with a murder case in ** hosted by so-called "superhost"**

I didn't know this when I booked this ** for my 2-month vaction and paid one-month deposit of $2970 in full. The house looks beautiful and spacious and I was going to welcome my first baby there.... until I texted a friend of mine in Texas the address so she can come over to visit me. And she told me that house had a murder case couple of years ago where a man killed his ex-girlfriend's two teenage girls in that house and it was all over the local news (https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Police-Man-37-admits-killing-two-teens-in-1718851.p...)......

It freaked me out! I don't want my baby to be born in a house with a murder case! Even without a baby, a normal person wouldn't want to spend their long-expected vacation in a house where two girls were killed, not to mention that both of my parents are buddhism and it just creeps them out....

I contacted the host. They admit that there was a murder case did happend in that house and "people live there happily after that" and told me to cancel "if I wish" but refused to issue any refund! I couldn't believe these words came from so-called Super Hosts **. To me, they're liars with cold and greedy hearts. They got 3k for free with a haunted house. That's easy money.

I wanna tell my story here because I know that nobody looking for a vacation house should experience what I just experienced, and I know it's almost impossible to do your due diligence on a vacation house. So all I can do now is to post my story here and hopefully we can hunt the haunted ones house by house. 

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

63 Replies 63

Thank you. You're kind. 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Minshu0,

I am sorry to hear about your experience and understand you‘re disappointed.

If I were you, I will insist on the payment refund from the host and move out the listing immediately.

Do contact the Airbnb Support Help Center, ‘live chat’ with the team and acknowledge the issues to the case manager, reports the host are wrong, did not disclose the case to you.

Further more,you’re in the pregnancy, you’re uncomfortable to continue to stay. Request  the refund of the remaning nights.

Follow up, you will appreciate to leave an honest review about your experience to warn other guests.

Some people may not be understood because of different religions and the individual culture.

Nevertheless, if this case happens in Asia, it will be a ‘very big deal.’

The tenant is necessary against the owner in the court. 

As the owner was dishonest intentionally cover up the fact and rent out or sold the property to someone, those don't know the truth.

The owner certainly guilty of the Local law enforcement and facing indictment for not disclose the murder cases to the tenant or the buyer.

In the Asia, majority of the property buyers are not interested to purchase the house with a murdered cases.

The house will be abandoned for a long times.

Even after the reconstruction or rebuild, the value of the property will be lowered than others. The owner will have trouble selling after buyers find out that someone murdered died at the location.

As Buddhism called ‘ 不好意头.’

Also, as you are in the pregnancy period, the Buddhism culture respects ‘ 禁忌’.

( pay respect to a taboo)

However, it can be even harder when opening yourself up also means showing a part of yourself that remains a cultural taboo with little understanding and gross misrepresentation.

I wishing you all the best and hope you get back the refund.

No matter what, nothing is taboo!

百無禁忌😊

Thank you for sharing your story.   

OK, I really don't want to elevate an original post that is almost certainly a fictional troll. But this idea is simply bonkers. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and superstitions, but that does not give anyone the right to hold other people accountable for them!

If you look at the memorial stones at the entrance to my building, you'll see that during the Holocaust, the Nazis tragically murdered 3 families who used to live here. Do you think I'm obliged to disclose that this is a "genocide house" to every ** who is afraid of Jewish ghosts?

One of my neighbors committed suicide awhile back in a home that has since welcomed a (perfectly healthy) new baby between the new tenants. Should the ** force us to condemn their home as a Suicide House?

Thousands of homicides occur in the United States every year, most of them inside of buildings. If we were to take the OP seriously **, and take for granted that all of these spaces were irredeemably "haunted," what is your proposal for what to do with a building after something horrible has happened in it? Do we have to burn it down and displace the inhabitants? Render it permanently unusable? Disclose the entire history of an Airbnb home anything that happened in it in the past that might trigger someone in the present, even though it presents no tangible danger?

Every day in America, thousands of children attend classes in a school that has been the horrific site of a massacre within their lifetimes. I admire their maturity in processing that **

**[Inappropriate comment removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Thank you so much for understanding!

I did contact airbnb resolutions center, and even talked to the lead team, but all I got back was that there's nothing they can do about it and the host has the final say on the cancellation policy. Very disappointed with airbnb team...

@Minshu0,

Do contact Airbnb support help team again, discusses  with the case manager, request the manager look in to the case seriously.

Present the link as the murder case happening.

The fact that, you are uncomfortable to move in to stay.

@Dale711 you give all kinds of bad advice but this takes the cake. The host's cancellation policy should not be overridden by this person's **

**[Inappropriate comment removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Lisa723 

Respect my perspective!

What will you do? If this happen to you?

Paul’s point in Romans 4:20 is that faith glorifies God: “Abraham grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God.” The reason faithless acts are sin is that they don’t glorify God as trustworthy.   

I did all that....

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dale711 Our house is getting on for 300 years old. Any number of deaths could have and probably have happened in it during this time. Should I disclose this fact??????

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Oh my dear @Mike-And-Jane0,

Does your beautiful home recently happen a murder case?

In case if not, you shouldn't make this up.

If it’s happens , Good Luck!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I can't believe what I am reading 😄 😄 😄 

@Ute42  😄

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0 

Respectfully other members belief, those of Buddhism will much be appreciated.

Romans 14:23, NIV: "But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin."

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

The CC often outperforms NETFLIX by far. 😎

Pls read this if You haven't already:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Mid-term-Guest-Issues/m-p/1349731#M293465

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Ute42 

Love your answer! 😊😊

I am with you, @Branka-and-Silvia0