AIRBNB COWARD AND IRRESPONSIBLE

Ali11739
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

AIRBNB COWARD AND IRRESPONSIBLE

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

was our guest booked for 1 night only 5-6 of July has completely crashed our apartment, she hosted party in my place where its clearly mentioned on my house rules STRICTLY NO PARTY, invited so many people inside the apartment, smoking inside and outside on balcony, burned my carpets in both bedrooms and one of my dinning chairs while other dinning chairs has been wet from some alcohol liquid they poured as well as to many of internal walls, they also broke our laundry doors. They screamed, put loud music all night until morning, Many of my neighbor made complaint to police and building manager. In the morning Building manager told me that police came to the unit and building manager had to turn off the electricity to make them quite. All my house rules has not been followed at all. I hope none of other host will experience this disaster. The worst part is AIRBNB doesnt want to help me at all. Not helping me by chasing her to responsible or cover my damaged from their insurance.

i did lodge a complaint to airbnb right away via phone and because their waiting period call was 45 min i decided to lodge it via airbnb app around 2pm. after few hours with no callback or respond from chat i txted them back few times and tried to call again in morning,this time call waiting was 3hrs. i hung up then try again in evening finally got to someone that can direct me what should be done so my complain goes to claims team. Then claims team rejected my claims under Host Guarantee hosts. they said that the reason is because For cases to be eligible under our Host Guarantee hosts must notify us of the incident as well as notify the responsible guest, and attempt to mediate the loss and/or physical damages within 14 days of checkout or before your next guest checks in, whichever is earlier. i didnt know that i had to do both notify Airbnb and responsible guest and if someone from airbnb respond and guide me rightaway i could have done what they required me to do. outcome from them is "You are free to pursue reimbursement from your guest directly. However, per this requirement, this case is not eligible for reimbursement under the Host Guarantee program". I have provided all evidence of my action to get intouch with Airbnb and also proof of damaged of my property.

i read on airbnb community before that someone wrote airbnb more leaning guest side and i didnt think like that until i experienced myself. I took my case to Fair trading now. Lets see if Airbnb will hide some of my review or even not publised this.

3 Replies 3
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Ali11739 

I'm sure all hosts sympathize with you over the events.

I also think airbnb should apply some discretion over the notify before your next guest checks in rule when there is a clear case of who did what as far as the damages go instead of stonewalling hosts.

However, I'm surprised with your operation in that neighbours, building managers, police are all in the drama yet your were blissfully unaware. Please make a friend with your neighbour, or give out a contact number at least.

Having a STRICTLY NO PARTY rule in your listing, doesn't absolve you from your responsibilities to your own property; get some monitoring system going - doorbell camera, electronic lock with notifications, party squasher monitor.

Know the rules of the business, you have three figures in reviews so you should really know the ins and outs of the airbnb rule book better.

Finally, a one night booking on a Saturday night,  it's an amber alert if not a red alert booking?

In summary, prevention is better than cure, host guarantee is fickle and have a bit of a rethink of how you do your business.

I got the same perception regarding Airbnb towards their customers. Airbnb positions the self as a reliable and good customer service organization. Neither is a true. Within 2 days I got 2 cancellations- Airbnb has taken my money-$  2000 dollars and I didn’t get the place where to stay in Azerbaijan. 
Moreover, the second host after canceling called me privately and offer to deal with me directly without Airbnb involvement- to pay directly to him upon arrival. Shame! And it was my last contact with Airbnb. LAST!

@Gulzar1  If the hosts cancelled your bookings you should receive full refunds.