AIRBNB PUTS PROFIT FIRST! TRUST IS NO LONGER WORTH ANYTHING!!

Felix367
Level 1
Basel, Switzerland

Recently a guest and his fellow traveler stole several things from my place! I informed the guest immediately after I found out about the missing stuff. I did this in a nice way and gave him even some time to reflect on his behavior. I‘m a superhost. I value my guests.

But in the end, this guest betrayed me. Not only me, but the WHOLE Airbnb community!!!!! TRUST is everything if you open your house to strangers!!! 

Worst thing is, even AIRBNB let me down on this: They run a so called Host Garantuee Fund, but refuse to cover the loss!!!!

They even protect thiefs now, instead of long term superhosts…. What a world we’re living in…
2 Replies 2
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Felix367 

So sorry to hear about your experience.

You‘re right. The host guaranteed it is not easy to get support from Airbnb.

However, some members are verifying to get the protection program in these rare cases.

It is essential to follow the Airbnb host guarantee to progress and get the support of the claim.

As an Airbnb host, you do need additional insurance.

You may consult with your local insurance agency for additional protection and insurance procedures.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

While it can be very frustrating for you to lose items from your listing, I am not sure how Air BNB would be able to go after the guest or even reimburse you without proof of the theft.  Can you share a bit more how you would go about providing such a claim?  Do you have to file a police report?  I know my home owner's insurance would require that and I would be subject to my deductible.  Anyway, I think Air BNB is not set up to help with theft, and we are on our own to recoup losses.