AIRBNB REFUSES TO REFUND FRAUD MONIES - AIRBNB REFUSES TO REFUND (9) CHARGES OF $499, TOTALING $4,491.00 OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY - DATED 220509

Anthony1532
Level 2
Middletown, OH

AIRBNB REFUSES TO REFUND FRAUD MONIES - AIRBNB REFUSES TO REFUND (9) CHARGES OF $499, TOTALING $4,491.00 OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY - DATED 220509

All,

Be aware that when fraudulent activity occurs on your account, such as the illegitimate booking of an Amsterdam listing set to take place in (8) months in the amount of $1,971.07, Airbnb will eventually refund that money, but flat refuses to contact one/me BY TELEPHONE to discuss (9) charges of $499 each, for "Extra Services" on the same illegitimate listing.  The "Resolution Center", once having my illegitimate listing wiped from my account, has no record of these transactions and, I suggest to you that the person whom made these fraudulent charges, could care less that they're not getting the booking fee of $1,971.07, when they know they're still going to get $4,491.00 from (9) charges of $499 for "Extra Services", even though I am not supposedly expected to arrive for (8) more months.  Be aware that you're nothing more than a number in the Airbnb system and, nobody cares to escalate any matter to the point where it warrants a PHONE CALL back to the member whose had fraudulent activity on their account.  TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO RUN FROM AIRBNB!!!  USE VRBO INSTEAD!!!

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anthony1532 Two thoughts

1) Take Airbnb to small claims court - It is easily done and will get their attention

2) In the UK we can get a chargeback from our bank - Not sure if that works in the USA.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

So Airbnb, in eight (8) months, is going to allow like a runaway mindless train nine (9) charges of $499 to go though but at the present time they do not even have any record of these charges?

I know for a fact their anti-fraud department is slow and the criminals love them because of it, but the above makes no sense.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Anthony1532 

Sorry to hear your issue is unresolved.

I'd recommend making contact with Airbnb again, providing evidence of the charges, and a timeline of what's happened so far.  Hopefully they can then check things again and help you get things sorted.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines