Abusive conditions supported by Airbnb

Fernando1583
Level 1
Bremen, Germany

Abusive conditions supported by Airbnb

We had a very unfair situation with one of the hosts from Airbnb, applying abusive conditions and scam, which has been also accepted by Airbnb.

The hosts uses:

- Cancel policy

- Abusive extra charges in advance for "service fees"

- Abusive documentation requests

This technique, supported by Airbnb, provides the host the capability to cancel any checkin and keep the funds from the clients with the support from Airbnb.

We had to report this claim to the customer authorities of our country, report it to the bank to formalize claims to Airbnb, and block ant further payment. 

Airbnb also uses the same terms to avoid any refund from abusive hosts so they can share such benefits from stealing to its customers.

Be careful with such scams and frauds from hosts supported by Airbnb using the technique described above.

If someone had such an experience and had already claimed the refunding with success, please contact me.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Fernando1583 

It is not clear to me which "abuse" you are referring to.

Every reservation has a cancellation policy attached, which is mentioned in the listing and made clear to the guest at time of booking.

"Abusive extra charges in advance for "service fees" :

Can you provide more details ?

"Abusive documentation requests"

Can you provide details / examples ?

Please note you can report a host to Airbnb (by using the "flag" link on the listing) if there are violations.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

As a long time guest with Air BNB who has 14 positive reviews on your profile, @Fernando1583 I would imagine your observations and feedback carries experience that would be useful for us to better understand.  Can you respond to @Emiel1 questions?  I am curious about this experience given you have four years fo using Air BNB.  Thank you

Sometimes I am surprised to find that some guests, albeit having two digit number of reviews on profile, do not have a clear picture about the structure of the fees charged. My guess (just guess) is that the "service fee" the OP talked about is the service charge from Airbnb and in most cases it's not refundable if the guest initiates the cancellation, and I have had several guests questioned me about this non-refundable charge before. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Fernando1583  "Be careful with such scams and frauds from hosts supported by Airbnb using the technique described above."

You haven't explained at all what these "scams and frauds" you are referring to consisted of.