Accounts Suspended?

John-C-1
Level 1
Louisville, KY

Accounts Suspended?

Hello Airbnb Community. I'm a long-time super host on the platform who runs an Airbnb business in my primary residence. After a recent guest stay, my account was suspended and I have absolutely no data or evidence to justify the suspension. I gave the guest in question my highest rating and there was no evidence of a party or other disturbances. I've even contacted my neighbors to ask if they saw anything unusual. Nothing! I continue to get the runaround from the Community Support Team. In fact, the case has been sent to someone in the UK! I'm in the midwest (US). How does that possibly make sense from an efficiency perspective?

Anyway, I am very disappointed in the process, so far. The suspension is costing me thousands of dollars in lost bookings and I have no idea what has transpired. I'd feel better if I could at least understand what has happened. It appears to be a black box. Why would you run a business like this?  Perhaps I should transition my listing to VRBO? Does anyone have a similar experience? 

Thanks,

John 

16 Replies 16

Hi @John-C-1,

I'm sorry about this experience. I've asked the teams to share the details of your case and confirm that your account is active and you should have heard from them as well with additional info.

Kindly,

Catherine

Anabela51
Level 2
Rougemont, NC

After 4.5 years, most of them as a super host, I got my account suspended. Shocking. What did I do? No explanation. Called but they could not disclose any information. It's not right: a public company, who treats their "customers" (hosts) this way should have the decency of telling those involved what happened. It's only common courtesy.  It's best practice. The rest of the world communicates and is transparent but not Airbnb. There is VRBO, booking.com, and many others. Looks like these Airbnb policies that we break, whatever they are, may also one day break them. Karma ... and we sow seeds.

So disappointed,

Anabela