Adding images to scheduled messages

Iven27
Level 3
Antwerp, Belgium

Adding images to scheduled messages

I couldn't find this suggestion yet, so here it goes.

Would you also like it if there was an ability to send images in/attached to a scheduled message?

A personal use case would be that after booking I like to send guests not just an intro message but also a pamphlet about the Low Emission Zone rules of the city (if they arrive by personal vehicle), and what they can do beforehand to register and avoid hassle/a fine on arrival. Currently there is no way of combining these messages.

This is also tied to the automated display of check in instructions (at what time can guests actually see this, upon booking confirmation? x time before arrival?) where you can actually submit images to make things clearer, but there is no such option for directions or the house manual section.

5 Replies 5

How would I do that (sending a .pdf), I assume it's not the inbox on airbnb/app, because as far as I can tell that only allows the sending of images?

Hm, I really can't seem to find that. On the right side I've a details pane with info, i.e. the guest's phone number but I can't find their email address. In the inbox itself I can only attach images (.jpg, .png, etc.) and not .pdf files.

What am I missing here?

YgzfbFa

Nevermind, figured it out, you had to enable professional hosting tools under account settings and specifically enable the use of guest email alias. 

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

I’d like to include an image of the smart lock in first message, that way they can see it while reading instructions. 

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

We had that option, with sending SELF CHECK IN INSTRUCTIONS allowing us to send step by step photo + text instructions. As so many other brilliant tools Airbnb removed it after couple of years. It's mind bugging how many fantastic tools they implement and then remove them with zero explanation in last decade 😞