AirBnB Has Suspended My Superhost Account as a Guest Was Loud

Answered!
Amoy3
Level 2
Brandon, FL

AirBnB Has Suspended My Superhost Account as a Guest Was Loud

We are superhosts. We had one of the worst guests ever, who made inconsiderate load noise that resulted in a neighbor complaining. We promptly responded and the noise was ended within 15 minutes of the neighbor's complaint.  The listing and house manual clearly tell guests that we dont allow loud noise, events, or parties. Two days later, AirBnB suspended our account from making reservations- suspend the superhost for being responsive? do nothing to the rude guest? Ridiculous! We have called customer service now 3 times, and they have the same mechanical response "We are updating the ticket and someone will call you". We have yet to get a call and the account is still suspended.  It has now been days. Have other hosts experienced this low level of customer service? Any advice on how we can escalate this issue?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell Another day another suspension. When will it end? Don't worry if you don't hear about these from Customer Services - I will do my best to tag you into any posts on here.

Is Airbnb advanced enough to keep statistics on account suspensions vs how many accounts should have been suspended?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Catherine-Powell Another day another suspension. When will it end? Don't worry if you don't hear about these from Customer Services - I will do my best to tag you into any posts on here.

Is Airbnb advanced enough to keep statistics on account suspensions vs how many accounts should have been suspended?

Amoy3
Level 2
Brandon, FL

AirBnB customer service has been deplorable. Our account has been suspended for 7 days now and we still have not gotten a call back regarding the status. And this was due to a guest's bad behavior. Ridiculous.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Amoy3

I'm really sorry to hear you've run into some issues with this guest and haven't received the help you needed from our Support team. I have raised this on my end, and someone should follow up with you shortly if they haven't yet!

Thanks, 

Emilie 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Rozanna4
Level 1
California City, CA

@Emilie @Airbnb has done the same to our listing. Suspending it before notifying us of a complaint by a neighbor. Neighbor falsely reported a party, which there was no party. Our house accommodates up to 8 people and there were a group of men enjoying a weekend. Most of them happened to drive and three of them parked their vehicles in front of our garage, not in anyone’s way. Neighbor took a picture and sent it to Airbnb claiming a party. We have cameras on the outside perimeter and can hear the volume and they were not loud. This neighbor is angry because it’s an Airbnb and it is allowed for short term in the area.  We tried to contact Airbnb and we’re told the customer service individual was out of the office and would get back to us. It took them seven days to finally get back to me to tell me that they were suspending our account for 30 days. How can they hear a complaint from a neighbor and not verify the complaint with us. Extremely frustrating and there is no way to communicate and escalate a complaint or request a review by a superior. I am now exploring other alternatives to listing our property. If anyone has other suggestions I would much appreciate it.