AirBnB Restrictions

Amanda1986
Level 2
Chanhassen, MN

AirBnB Restrictions

I am a host on Airbnb and also use it as a platform to reserve homes while I am traveling for work. I mainly host my home in Florida through Evolve (a management company that posts our homes on Airbnb). I have over 50 reservations and all of my ratings are 5 star. I recently just  booked a home for a month and received a 5-star rating while traveling for work. When my reservation was completed, I needed to rent another home as I am still here for work. Airbnb restricted my account as high risk and now I am unable to reserve any "entire home" through Airbnb.  I contacted the host of the home and they called Airbnb to approve me, and I have contacted Customer Service. They say there is nothing they can do because the algorithms restricted me. I had  a Supervisor from Airbnb also say there was nothing they could do. I am 35 and host my property so I am not sure what else to do. I travel for months at a time, so staying at a hotel and not being able to cook is a big deal for me.  

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Amanda1986 

Maybe the CS at Twitter can do something for you (account: AirbnbHelp).

Did the host also try to sent you the booking by "special offer" ?

What is the "high risk" you are considered to have ?

The only policy regarding high risk i can think of is the "no parties" policy:

Strengthening-our-safety-commitment-to-hosts

Thanks for the Twitter info. I will try that. They said it was because I was trying to book an "Entire Place" with the amount of people who would be traveling with me. It was for me and a coworker and I was trying to book a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom place. So, it doesn't make any sense. They said that the it can't be overturned.  They even called my client  to do a reference check to make sure I was indeed working at my client sight. I am all out of ideas as no one will call me to give me more information. 

Anthony1623
Level 2
St Cloud, FL

Trying to find the locations where Airbnb is allowed in Florida. Please don't tell me to get with the local governments or HOAs. It is too time consuming. Is there a list of places or counties that restrict Airbnb's in Florida ? 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

No you need to do your market research. @Anthony1623 

Work on the basis that most areas in Florida and most HOAs don't allow STRs 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2371/state-of-florida?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1633773502_ZGJmYj...