Airbnb IPO Launch Date and Expected Share Price

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

Airbnb IPO Launch Date and Expected Share Price

Launch date appears set for December 10.  Expected share price $44-50.  The company has also submitted an amended S-1 filing to the SEC yesterday which you can see here (and nope, I'm not trawling through all 350 pages of it to play "spot the difference" 😀, will leave that to the finance journos and market analysts)

S-1/A (sec.gov)

Airbnb Launch Date.JPG

@Melodie-And-John0  @Christine615  @Helen350  @Sally221  @Sarah977  @Ute42 @Zohreh1 @Emiel1 

127 Replies 127
Harbor6
Level 2
Santa Fe Springs, CA

allocated 200 common shares at $68, does anybody know how we can sell the stock?

think you have to call MS to sell until your full trading account open.  (I tried to open full trading account and they said not avail Thursday but could reach out directly).  also, I think that's on purpose to deter us from selling tomorrow.

@Harbor6 

@Harbor6 

Oops. My reply with screenshot above was meant for you, not Tracy287. LOL. Oh well, I've got my fingers crossed, too. Have already programmed the NASDAQ ticker symbol into my smartphone stock feed.

VBR,

Allen107

Allen107
Level 5
Brownsville, OR

Just finalized within the last hour of this post. Directed Shares Program limited to 200 shares from 275 shares (could be that more qualified hosts signed up than originally projected and decision was made to evenly distribute allocated IPO shares?) at a price of US$68 per share. Allen107, Brownsville, ORegon

Regrettably @Emily-And-Virginia0 I didn't before today as Airbnb had told me since last Monday I was just waiting on the email from MS. I was trying to be patient and let the process go through and figured Airbnb would be providing accurate information. I was incorrect. Airbnbs response has been awful. Good luck everyone tmrw. My days personally as a host with Airbnb are very much in question at this point. 

@Bradford17  if anyone of us on the boards gets picked for the host committee we need to advocate hard for fixing stuff like this. So many unforced errors. I got notified early but only took half the allowed shares because I knew there wasn’t enough to go around. May have been one of the only ones thinking that way but Airbnb has to do right by its hosts. I tried calling today because of a problem and there was no answer at MS through the directed share program. I finally had to go through the regular number to get help. 😞

Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

I just want to throw up thanks to powers at Abnb and MS to not giving us token allocations.  Means something to me to be on the inside.  not life changing but certainly noteworthy.  thanks.

Mary312
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Screenshot_20201209-193808_Samsung Internet.jpg

a friend not hosting on airbnb just bought 14 share of Airbnb on robinhood @ $68 

gadzooks.  going to check

@Mary312  Since pre-ipo shares are only available through Morgan Stanley, she probably placed a limit order to execute tomorrow. There's no guarantee she will close the trade at that price.

@Michelle53Hi, I honestly and clueless when it comes to that .  I just wanted to give people some information since I myself thought it was only available through MS. I was fortunate enough to get the email and buy my shares through MS.  Thank you for the helpful info.

the screenshot is just from a public quote

@Emily-And-Virginia0, to understand a little bit better,  the shares she bought is available for the public to buy, its just not guaranteed to be at $68. 

@Mary312 The shares will be available to buy by the public tomorrow, but the expected price is likely to be higher than $68. She has not bought them yet. By placing this order, she just requested to buy them tomorrow at $68, but most likely her order will not be fullfilled.

~ ILDA ~

@Ilda-and-Mike0 got it,  thank you I Now understand what happened. I will let you know the outcome as to what happened with the shares that she pre-ordered.  happy holidays 🙂