Airbnb Professional photography - who owns the photos?

Yolanda411
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Professional photography - who owns the photos?

Hi

I am thinking of getting a professional photographer through the Airbnb service, but cant find the terms and conditions on the site. Does anyone know who owns the photos after the shoot is complete? Is it Airbnb or me? I would like to put them on my website, and my interior designer would like them for theirs.

Any advice much appreciated

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Yolanda411 I would be amazed if Airbnb didn't own the copyright - As such I would suggest you organise your own photos.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yolanda411  Many hosts have reported some less than favorable experience with photographers sent by Airbnb. Bad photos that were worse than the host's own photos, or unprofessional behavior.

You are better off hiring your own photographer. Maybe you could even trade for a free stay at your place.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Yolanda411 when I did it (a few years ago) Airbnb owned the photos and stated that I could use them for personal non-commercial purposes but not scrape the Airbnb watermark or use them for non-Airbnb marketing. As @Sarah977 said I was not impressed with the quality of the photos and ultimately replaced them with photos I own.