Airbnb Technological Challenges

Kurtis19
Level 2
Pittsford, NY

Airbnb Technological Challenges

I too often can not respond via my iPhone to guests who have emailed me through the Airbnb process.

I hit the red reply triangle and I get no way to respond; so I then have to go online to login and email there.

Maybe it's operator error.

Any helpful feedback/hacks?

Thank you!

A bit of a newbie but not really an Airbnb fan of their technological "tools".

Kurt

3 Replies 3
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Kurtis19   I do not rely on replying or doing anything with my iphone and the AirBnB App.  As a host, there are too many pitfalls.  You may want to look at Using Scheduled Messages in the Resource Center.

Unless you are going to be away from your computer for too long, i.e., more than 12 hours, wait until you are logged in to take care of business.  I know that there are many hosts out there that don't have issues with their phones and the App -- I happen to not find it as reliable as working from my computer.

Kurtis19
Level 2
Pittsford, NY

Thank you! I appreciate your reply. I am just disappointed that an organization like Airbnb has such weak technology.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Kurtis19 I have the app, and find it's the best for ease of communication. I get an immediate notification of a message or booking, and can go right to it. From an email notification, I hit reply and get taken straight to the message in the app.