Airbnb Website changes on May 11, 2022 eliminated Campsite Unique Stays

Russ-and-Cheryl0
Level 1
San Luis Obispo, CA

Airbnb Website changes on May 11, 2022 eliminated Campsite Unique Stays

airbnb.com/h/rv-pad-pool-full-hook-ups-mesa-arizona 

Anyone else with a campsite get lost in the new upgrade to website categories and filters? Our listing above is completely hidden. The new "Camping" category would be the logical place for a unique stay like a campsite. Mind you, it's not an RV on a property, it's just the RV pad or campsite; i.e. the space for an RV to be parked.

We get travelers from all over booking our campsite because it's unique, it has full hook ups, big space for the RV, and a pool. Traveling nurses in RV's love it. We love it. But apparently Airbnb doesn't love it and all our inquiries have completely stopped as of May 11th. 

We've reported this 6 times to support. They say that, "their experts are looking into it.." There is no update on the issue, and meanwhile, we don't show up in Camping and we can't recategorize ourselves. We can't be found under the new search/filter criteria launched May 11th. We can't find any other campsites either. They seem to be lost in the "entire home" space. Well, nobody looking for a campsite to park their RV is going to filter by "entire home". It's not a unique stay and certainly isn't an RV pad.

What's the solution? Our listing exists, but I challenge anyone to find it under what would be the normal search criteria for a campsite. Even support can't find it, and after almost a month, no solution or update on the issue from the "experts". 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Russ-and-Cheryl0 

The good news is:

Your listing is in the search system and can be found without using categories:

The bad news is:

The listing is not in category "camping" 

BTW it is in one other category: "amazing pools" :

Emiel1_0-1654365938716.png

We were averaging 3 inquiries a week prior to May 11. Since then, zero. How would an RV'er find our campsite I wonder...