Airbnb lack of support

Airbnb lack of support

Hello! Please can someone help me. I stayed with my brother in a flat early this month. The flat was very dirty and I messaged the host with my concerns. Her partner came over to have a look and at first was very agreeable, said we could get a refund, however soon got very aggressive. Since I’ve been back, I messaged the host about the refund and got ignored at first, then got a very angry message back. I asked Airbnb for support and at first they seemed helpful but then… nothing. Since I raised it with Airbnb, the host has been calling my personal phone, very angry and saying I am harassing them and they will go to the police. I actually deactivated my last account so they stopped contacting me, then they started on our personal. The last message on my brothers phone he said ‘don’t forget, I have your sisters details’. I’m worried, police say to sort via Airbnb however they have been no help at all. I have messaged 3 times, at first I seem to be getting somewhere and then they stop responding. Hosts have removed their listing now. I don’t know what to do? How do I get Airbnb to support? Please does anyone have any tips on getting support from Airbnb? I’m frustrated and scared. Thank you I’m advance! 

1 Reply 1
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Aaliyah18 , I'm so sorry to hear about this.

I'm sending this over to the team now, they'll be in touch with you soon. If I get an update on my side in the meantime I'll let you know. 

Hopefully we can get this sorted soon for you. Please do let us know how you get on!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen