Airbnb, make guest complaints in reviews RESOLVABLE by hosts

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

Airbnb, make guest complaints in reviews RESOLVABLE by hosts

How many hosts have upgraded their bedding, installed heating, painted the walls, or gotten fast WIFI only to have prospective guests be scared off by OBSOLETE reviews?

REQUEST

1. Reviews should separate general reviews from line items where the guest can list out things that didn't work for them OR that were probably temporary.

2. The host should be able to go back to a review and respond AT ANY TIME with a date saying how and when they have fixed the problem or request OR if it is not fixable and is a permanent feature of the place.

Airbnb should include host responsiveness in Superhost ratings.

WHY THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ENHANCEMENT TO REVIEWS

It is just wrong that when a guest puts something in writing it is there forever.

I have been a host for many years and have made MANY upgrades, mostly in response to guest feedback.

I was in the process of having fiber Internet installed when a first-time Airbnb guest mentioned that my Internet was spotty.

She had not told me during the stay; I could have restarted the router. I also would have stopped using bandwidth.

She was shocked that she couldn't go back to edit her review.

Now, even though I have updated my listing to say I now have fiber Internet and have a photo of Google's speed test, people ask me about that one comment WHICH I HAVE RESOLVED.

Please chime in if you agree this would be a useful feature.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Susie0 

A hosts has 30 days to leave a comment on a review, after it is published.

I guess most issues are/will be solved within that time period and it can be mentioned in the comment.

Can i respond to a review i disagree with

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

That is what the review response enables you to do. Not sure why you feel that's not adequate.

There are many different ways to address this in the review response, depending on the the issue and its resolvability.

"Thank you for bringing the spotty Wifi to our attention. We have upgraded or service now and it shouldn't be a issue for future stays."

"I'm sorry you had Wifi problems. This is why it's so important for guests to let the host know at the time about any issues. If I had known, I could have reset the router and done my online work at a later time so you would have had more bandwidth."

"I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find the mattress comfortable. It's the first mention of this we've had, so we assessed the state of the mattress and agreed that it's time to replace it. There is now a brand new one in the unit."

"Yes, a fresh interior paint job is on our to-do list and will be undertaken in the summer months when the doors and widows can be left open to air it out during the process."

@Susie0