Airbnb not charging all taxes

Tom3091
Level 2
Rice Lake, WI

Airbnb not charging all taxes

How do you contact airbnb admin? They are charging state and county tax, but we need township tax added.

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tom3091 

Taxes not automatically charged by Airbnb can be added to the listing by yourself in section taxes.

Tom3091
Level 2
Rice Lake, WI

Thanks! I looked into that but it just goes in circles with links that don't really allow me to add the tax. Unless maybe I manually opt to collect all taxes myself. This is a new tax this year, and we want to contact airbnb to add it like they have with other jurisdictions in our state. We were able to do this with other websites that we were able to contact the admin.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Tom3091 

Please have a look at this thread, it also contains a screenshot (from me):

Why-doesn-t-AirBNB-allow-me-to-add-extra-charge

Thanks for your help! I wish there was a way to contact someone at airbnb to bring this tax to their attention. We are on other sites too so we can just book through the ones we can get contact and get this added.

Barbera1
Level 1
Marietta, GA

I have the same problem. Airbnb collects state and county Accommodation taxes and pays them for me. However, I have to also pay 3% city taxes and with no good way to make that part of the reservation cost, I have to manually process those taxes with the city quarterly and pay it out of my own pocket. Since Air's main competitor  DOES handle this for hosts I know it can be done. Time for Air to step up and get this glitch resolved.

Tom3091
Level 2
Rice Lake, WI

Since there is no admin to help me. I just raised my rate to the highest it would need to cover my tax. Therefore people book with competition since usually cheaper. Oh well. 

@Tom3091 Assuming the competition is paying their taxes then the reason people book with your competition is surely because you are too expensive.......

Sorry, I meant we get our bookings through the other sites. Since we have to inflate our Airbnb price, people book through Airbnb’s competition. We book solid every year. 

I meant they book through Airbnb’s competition. 

You should contact with airbnb admin and then issue will be resolve.

for streets  They are charging state and county tax, but we need township tax added.

Tom3091
Level 2
Rice Lake, WI

Does anyone know how to contact admin?