Airbnb phone support shut down

Rachael171
Level 6
Greensboro, NC

Airbnb phone support shut down

I've seen some other posts about this, but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon. What in the holy *bleep* is happening to Airbnb?

Now when you call their customer service phone support in the U.S., it says they are only addressing reservation issues happening within the next 72 hours.

You get automatically redirected to their customer support email, which will NOT respond to you! I've been trying to get reimbursed for a damage claim for a month now!!! Pull out your renter's insurance, folks, because Airbnb does not care. 

This is a new level of ridiculousness. It's seriously time to expose this on social media, with the media and abandon Airbnb for other platforms. This is a sinking ship.

22 Replies 22
Rachael171
Level 6
Greensboro, NC

@Rachael171 @John-and-Jenn7 @Randy-And-Michele0 

@Shaun124and others, did you read Patrick Keys bio?

It's noted he calls himself a Hacker amongst other things...

Today is the 21st and no response or assistance from issues that arose 3-4 weeks ago about guest issues and refunds.

From what I am reading on host FB groups must be true that Airbnb has stopped supporting hosts. I have had multiple issues that have gotten way worse than they should have simply because of lack of support from Airbnb

@Shaun124 @Rachael171  When you call the Customer Service #, once the automated machine picks up, immediately press 1. It will take you directly to a customer service rep. Good luck once you are there. They will connect you with a "Case Manager", who will just ignore you from that point via the messaging platform. 

Apart from VRBO, what other sites could you recomend

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Shaun124 

I have found Booking.com a good alternative, Running AirBnB and Booking.com side by side I have found that the majority of guests are coming from B.C

B.C guests are happy to pay extra, are more polite and respectful.

BUT

You have to be on the ball, even synchronizing the 2 calenders you still have to be quick otherwise double booking may occur

@Chris232  Seems to depend on where in the world you are located. My friend, who runs a small hostel, used them for a short while- she said she got the worst quality of guests through BDC she's ever had. And to add insult to injury, she never got paid for any of the bookings. After fighting with them for months, she just gave up.

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Shaun124,

In addition to Airbnb, I use Booking.com, Expedia.com (which includes Hotels.com), Vrbo, FlipKey (TripAdvisor), my own website, Google website, and Facebook merchant page.  You can use a channel manager (usually included with the hosting of your own site) to make sure that calendars and prices are sync'd in a timely manner.

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

VRBO are great. I don't have issues with booking.com or expedia either. Airbnb simply don't give a **bleep**. I am only on airbnb as a back up. 

David-M-1
Level 1
Fort Bragg, CA

I AGREE THEY DO NOT CARE!!! VERBO  IS A GOOD OPTION

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rachael171 Having sacked 2500 people Airbnb are apparently employing 2000 more in the coming 2 months. They say they need to train the sooner I guess they won't be 2000 of the 2500 let go!

HOPEFULLY support will improve soon.

Randy-And-Michele0
Level 2
Thousand Oaks, CA

I tried getting a hold of customer no-service for 12 days so far, what a joke

John-and-Jenn7
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Wholly agree. We've had 98% wonderful people stay at our home. But dealing with AirBnb after that 2% cause thousands of dollars of damage is obscenely difficult. We also cannot get a hold of anyone to make a claim despite having photo and video evidence - the irony being Airbnb's self-pat on their back this week about banning parties is thick. What good is that ban if hosts can't report them and be compensated? They don't care about hosts at all. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Note also the Timeline of the last 150 days, tell me anyone who has not been adversely impacted on all aspects of their lives, bc of world-wide events beyond our control in the last 150 days?

It's time for a few heads in places of those calling the shots with this Public Health pandemic were held to account for their roles in the ongoing disruption to the peace & harmony we previously had in the world.

Some of those practising as Professors whose works have been submitted to WHO to tell us what to do in relation to Covid19 are exactly the same names as those who have caused division & Council Orders across the world,  bc we do the right thing to provide a roof for others when in times of need through platforms like Abb, Book-a-Bach, Expedia etc.

Some of those "Public Health" Professors have caused significant disruption for the last 30yrs across the world without ever been held to account.

They only see things their way without ever incorporating the Economic impacts .

Tell me a country where there is a Gvt Report included factoring into account Economic impacts of an Epidemic or Pandemic before documents declaring States of Emergency were thrown into our lives...

Ditto, cost benefits/ losses re Council orders when they were pushed through...

Those Public Health Professors of Spin who have had long term contracts with UN & WHO amongst others have much to answer for.