Airbnb refusing to list my base price?

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

Airbnb refusing to list my base price?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...

I've used Smart Pricing since I started as a host and stopped today. After talking with other local hosts, I've found there's a problem with locals getting evicted from their apartments and/or getting Airbnb gift cards from homeless resource groups. No history, first-timers and they book your place for a couple of weeks and it's a nightmare. I tried raising my rates today to discourage this, turned off Smart Pricing (wow, a five-step process before I could disable it!) and STILL, the base price I've set hasn't changed on the listing! They still list it for $10 less after I changed the base price and disabled smart pricing. Any suggestions on what to do?

6 Replies 6
Robin925
Level 5
Albuquerque, NM

@Erin443 Do you have weekly or monthly discounts set? Any promotions in your calendar?

Hi  Robin,  I do have weekly and monthly discounts, no promotions.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Helen@744. It could just be that it has averaged out your listing over a week or added in your discounts.It is not generally a per night cost . try booking yourself for two nights or a week and check the price per night and check it against your calender. Smart pricing should not be used with other discounts or u will lose big time . Pricing must be put in often to cover holidays or weekends. There is no algorithymn like the human brain

Erin443
Level 10
Salt Lake City, UT

GRRR! Thank you for the suggestion, Helen. It still came out as nine dollars lower than my base price! On my host calendar, it lists as the correct price per night, but on the actual listing and when I tried booking it,  the price is lower.  I guess this means I have actually contact Airbnb to fix this?

Helen @744. Have u been back into your listing and checked your  rates and availability. Sometimes these take a little while to change .Save and refresh etcetera. There are a lot of moving parts . H.

Brian785
Level 2
Newnan, GA

I always set my own fees.

I go into calendar tap the days I want to set fee rate... (Sun -Thurs is lower rate than Fri-Sat.) I highlight the days I want to adjust. Then I hit edit and set rate. Then hit save. Repeat as needed.

You can highlight multiple days like whole months at a time or custom.

Hope that helped or did I miss something.

Good luck Brian785