Airbnb requests are not processed correctly

Kevin364
Level 2
Timbuktu, Mali

Airbnb requests are not processed correctly

Today, I had a request to book.  I accepted it - and an hour later saw that it was still 'open' (hadn't been accepted or declined).   

I accepted again.   And checked an hour later to find that it was still open.

Both 'accepts' were from my Windows 11 laptop.   A similar problem 2 years ago had led to a conversation with Airbnb support, and they said to use Windows for responses.  (In that case I had used my Android phone.)

A third try failed.   The fourth succeeded.

Last week, I was 'dinged' for failing to respond to a request within 24 hours.   I don't monitor my email account, because Airbnb 'texts' me the requests too.  The text arrived after the 24 hour was done.

I don't know how to solve the problem, but do know that I can't fight with the app / website to make it work.  This isn't my primary income.

2 Replies 2
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kevin364 

This happened to me once recently. I was sure I had accepted the reservation but then the guest (existing guest who was booking a second stay) messaged to tell me she was still waiting for me to accept. It worked the second time, but I did find it odd as I absolutely remember accepting.

I am using a MacBook.

Kevin364
Level 2
Timbuktu, Mali

Part of my 'text' issue may be settings on a new phone.   Both have happened since I switched.  However, the 'decline' happened again and I think it's a pain checking and rechecking.