Airbnb's system errors and let Host to pay for the risk

Feng-Hua0
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Airbnb's system errors and let Host to pay for the risk

I have a guest checked in on Dec 31st 2020 

Guest checked in and almost immediately inform me they have to check out because there is not safe bed in the suite , 

I have confirm with the guest mention because I did not select. and never mentioned there is a sofa bed in my suite 

guest show their scree. shot and appear there is a sofa bed icon on the sales page. 

Since its New Years eve , guest agree to checked out right away and ask for full refund , which I did . so Guest and I are 100% okay. 

So I turn back to reach to airbnb support ask airbnb to solve their own errors , since I did not and appear still not selecting any sofa bed , even property shows only 1 queen size  bed in this suite . but appear with extra sofa bed icon on the sales page .  I did also ask airbnb support to provide compensation because in this case the guest checked out and I lose the booking . 

airbnb take over 1 weeks to remove the sofa bed icon but insists this is not their fault ?  how what make sense ?

airbnb support said they can provide 25% compensation for this booking  , but I refused because I think should negotiate to at least 50%-100% since as host and as guest we did not do anything wrong in this case . 

So I request to communicate with their support manager , the support manager Nataly pops up and try to arrange a call with me 2 times and fails to call me. entirely spend another 1.5 weeks waiting for her call .she fails to call me and did not leave any message on the airbnb inbox as well . 

at today , all the sudden the airbnb manager Nataly just leave me a message mention the case is closed and their decide to provide me 0 as a final decision . 

and they end of the conversation with 0 communication . 

since this manager Nataly pops up , he shows incredible unprofessional management and 0 respect for airbnb host with the case host has nothing wrong on it . 

I just share this story so everyone needs to be aware , if airbnb had their own system errors , they might ask the host to cover our own lose, at least for me is not fair at all .

I also would never expect the airbnb manager will have this much poor poor way to deal with airbnb host even its their own fault . wasting my time waiting for her phone call and phone call has never came plus she turn the case off before even talk to me and message me . I definitely will sell my airbnb stock by shocking poor customer support . 

Again I have all the evidence with me shows the host side select only 1 bed , 0 sofa bed but at same time guest appear 1 queen size bed but with extra" sofa bed icon" , and of course I have all the screen shot on airbnb inbox shows how terrible the manager Nataly arrange and call with me and never shows up . 

terrible worker work for this much good company . 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Feng-Hua0 

I would have accepted the 25% deal. It is very rare Airbnb is doing such an offer, admitting own faults

Thanks Emiel 

it was not officially reject because the entire conversation did not have an conclusion yet , 

it just feel disgusting how their manager "make a deal" by their own decision with no conversation with the host .