Airbnb taking back Superhost bonus coupons? It's bizarre.

Answered!
Nakisa0
Level 1
Plymouth, MN

Airbnb taking back Superhost bonus coupons? It's bizarre.

Hello, we had two coupons Airbnb had given us for earning Superhost status two years in a row. 

The oldest one was set to expire Jan 2022. 

Today I wanted to use the coupons. But they had disappeared from our Payments & Payouts page.

I contacted the host. She confirmed we had earned the coupons by finding the emails that had been sent to us by Airbnb congratulating our Superhost status and giving us the bonus. 

Then she asked to do more research. 

Then she send me the following message:

"Hi! I was checking and the reward program for superhosts was paused, so for this reason the coupons are not on the profile. There's a probability that when the pandemic ends, we send those coupons again.

We had some cases for this year where the system continued sending the emails, but the program is not active."

I have trouble believing this.  I can understand a program being paused. But we EARNED those coupons. They were already in our Payments & Payouts page. How could a company take back reward already earned?

1 Best Answer
Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL
4 Replies 4
Juley0
Level 3
Danville, CA

Did you save a screen shot or pdf of coupons? I have learned to always document and keep records, you can never be sure what employers, companies will try to pull.

Good point. I didn't. Screenshots are a must.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Nakisa0
Level 1
Plymouth, MN

Thank you Michelle53.