Amenity charges

Jessica2632
Level 2
New York, NY

Amenity charges

Hello- Wondering if a host lists an amenity  such as "crib" and makes no mention of additional charges for this amenity, are they allowed to ask you to pay for  it when you request that it be available?

I booked a place partially based  on the listing of  crib as  an amenity and now am being asked to pay 60  euro for it.

Would appreciate advice. 

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Amenities that are included in the listing are included in the nightly rate unless otherwise specified in the listing.  That could be anything from parking to cribs.  If an amenity is a deal breaker and you need it to be at no cost, best you should confirm.  If a host charges for an amenity without prior information in the listing, then you can either cancel or pay the charge.  If you think the host has acted unfairly, you can report the profile to Air BNB.  Don't waste your time fighting with the host even if you think you are right.  Fight by taking your business elsewhere.  

Good luck

Jessica2632
Level 2
New York, NY

Thanks so much for  your input, that's kind of what I thought- its not right to charge at this point but Im also not going to cancel-  I've been booked for months.  The listing is already really pricey for me so it is disappointing to be getting extra fees for what I assumed was included as its listed with sheets and wifi and a  kitchen 🙂   Thanks  again

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jessica2632    Anything that is going to incur an extra charge should be described that way in the listing.  Your host should not have checked the crib as an amenity without stating that a crib will be provided at an extra charge of 60 Euros.