Another Airbnb glitch - today or tomorrow?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Another Airbnb glitch - today or tomorrow?

I woke up this morning, opened my inbox at 8:15 AM,..... and get confused ....

No, we are not "currently hosting" them

Yes, check-in is today afternoon

No, check-in is not tomorrow.

Airbnb, this is not helpful, especially for hosts with a lot of listings

@Nick  ?

glitch.png

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

I’ve noticed the same thing @Branka-and-Silvia0 It’s a bit jarring. It’s been happening on and off for awhile.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

HI @Branka-and-Silvia0 just to make sure I understand what is happening, is it displaying the check in date wrongly? 

@Nick  This screenshot is made at 8:15 AM, on August 30, in Europe.

This guest was supposed to check-in the same day afternoon.

But look closely within these 2 red circles, there are all 3 options "currently hosting" , "check-in today" and "check-in tomorrow". Three different informations are on the same page for the same reservation.

Now imagine how this must be confusing to someone with 5 - 10 or 100 listings and same-day turnovers.

PS.

Later the same day, the note on the right side changed to "check-in today", so maybe it is not synchronized with European time

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Nick  What I've been seeing on the "Today" page is that a check-in which might only occur at 3pm today shows at "Currently Hosting" based on the date, even at 6am, when their check-in didn't happen yet.    I don't do same-day check-out and check-in - I always leave at least 24 hours between guests. But it could be really confusing for someone who has a 10am check-out this morning followed by a 3pm check-in this afternoon.   I'm not sure how that would display.