Anyone read the updated rebooking and refund policy?

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Anyone read the updated rebooking and refund policy?

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2868/rebooking-and-refund-policy

Some of the terms really make me worried. For example the definition of "Travel issues" that disrupts a stay contains a situation "They contain pests". Does that mean a guest can claim a travel disruption and get full refund because they see one ant on the property? While I understand that certain pests are definitely travel disruptive (for example bed bug), but this term seems to be too vague and way too easy to take advantage of.

5 Replies 5

@Nanxing0  An earlier version of the policy used the word "vermin" instead of "pests." It was still frustratingly vague, but it might have made it a bit harder to get a free stay when you see an ant.

welcome to the new Aby Normal

Kitty-and-Creek0
Top Contributor
Willits, CA

@Nanxing0 @Anonymous 

Agreed on this topic. 

I've used the "dangerous animals" section to list everything that might possibly frighten a guest, whether dangerous or not. Most of them are in the category of "may never be lucky enough to encounter" (bears, mountain lions) and others are ubiquitous (spiders)and bats in the warm evenings, who make short work of mosquitoes. I've included mosquitoes, ants, ticks, and poison oak - which is more of a threat than anything else on the list, if any of us are out hiking and don't know how to identify it. We are in the deep wilderness, so these are to be expected. 

It would seem to me that "vermin" are to be found in unkempt city places; however, in the wilderness, we are the intruders. After all, those adorable squirrels are just tree rats with fancy tails and whiskers, who love nesting in attics. It is all a matter of perspective. 

@Kitty-and-Creek0 off topic - what a wonderful place you have. I was was in that kind of places - I'd come to stay in New York minute 

@David8879 

We would make you so welcome, and make sure you can get here in spite of the misleading instructions from the GPS !