Archive messages

Sarah3595
Level 3
Bideford, United Kingdom

Archive messages

Can I ask what you use the archive message part for?  
completed booking or old requires and inquiries. 

S McGeough
8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sarah3595 

For finished inquires, requests not converted into a booking and guests i never want to communicate with again !

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Sarah3595 , I put all conversations into 'Archive' once a guest has left or their request timeframe has ended.

This means that the Inbox only has current, future, or potential guests.

You can always look in Archive if you want to.

Cheers, Charles

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Charles224  @Sarah3595  Me too! Exactly the way I work it. 🙂

Bill1006
Level 3
Campobello, SC

Is there a way to archive all completed stay messages at once or do you have to do each one individually? Just discovered archive feature and would like to clean up inbox. Thanks!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sarah3595 I like to have only messages from confirmed guests coming up in the next couple of weeks in my inbox. I archive all inquiries that did not end in the booking or any communication with guests who’s stay is not for several months. I like to have a very clean mailbox

@Inna22 What is going on with your profile? Did you change your name to Alexandra? Or is something glitchy going on here?

@Emilia42 no glitch. And I am impressed with your attention to detail. It has been several months and you are the first to notice. Long story but I am complying with chicago ordinance. The properties are in a land trust so I need to have a separate account for each and match the appointed person from the trust company and so on and so fourth. It was so complicated to untangle that I am afraid I will not be able to explain without two glasses of wine. Vrbo actually had a way for me to do it pretty easily from one account and keep my name. 

@Inna22 Haha, I noticed a while ago but I didn't want to allude to how close a watch I keep on my fellow members here. 😊 Sounds complicated. I'll let you get to drinking and then one day you can let loose about all the crazy ordinances.