Are Hosts going to be invited to purchase stocks during the imminent Airbnb stock IPO?

Judith11
Level 3
Seattle, WA

Are Hosts going to be invited to purchase stocks during the imminent Airbnb stock IPO?

I'm interested in buying in during the IPO.

Is Airbnb Corporate interested in having hosts be investors?

26 Replies 26

Well, PM me here when you do make it down again and we'll get together for coffee or a drink. Or book with me if you're coming alone ( my listing is a single room/bath for 1 guest only). Always fun to connect with other hosts.

@Judith11

I am in the same boat as most others. I cant believe I got left out of IPO. That sucks... I been a super host for 2 years and had no idea I could get in on this. I never got an E-Mail...

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I was lucky enough to get in. I have had many issues with Airbnb, but this was a huge step in the right direction.

How long have you been a host? 

@Leona784  We are Superhosts with 5 stars,  for 8 years, the first Superhosts when the program was invented, and never dropped below a near perfect score.

@Leona784 5 years

Glad to hear @Juan63, I hesitated and snoozed on the  opportunity, I am sure I will have regrets about that but still glad to hear others made it in.   I pray the shareholders will all get rich off the venture and at the same time require Airbnb to earn the huge infusion of cash they now have thanks to the IPO.   In theory, whats good for the Goose should also be good for the Gander, we hope you get lots of Golden Eggs Juan!  Stay well, JR!

Judith11
Level 3
Seattle, WA

@Katie @Kitty-and-Creek0 @Michelle53 @Ann72 

I am glad to say that I did get a reply from CustomerSupport to my specific question of when the letter went out.  I am sad to say that the date they reported to me, Nov. 17th to my e-address, did not appear in any of my searches.  I read what I get from Airbnb, so...with that and the fact that I got an email from Brian et al. addressed to Min instead of Judith makes me think it's likely the notification went astray as well, for whatever reason.

Michelle is right, investing v. trading has a longer perspective!  I can do a stock watch and try to buy when the price stabilizes. 

But -- I would like to have seen what I think would be a real gesture to hosts, to give us a Timely opportunity to invest in what many of us are truly invested already: bnb for income, yes, and bnb for community.  We get these burbling letters of praise about how fabulous we are, with repeated sops to reward us for recruiting more hosts.   

To me that is exactly the point:  Without hosts, there are no guests.  I would like to think that the Founders actually believed that.  And made it part of doing business to recognize hosts substantively, not just word-craft praise.

@Judith11 @Katie @Michelle53 @Ann 72

I got the letter addressed to Min as well. My friend got one addressed to her, by name. It was confusing, and neither of us could come up with an explanation. 

Yes, investment is what we've been about all these years, and will continue to be when we are allowed to receive guests again. We so miss them! 

Just wondering, will there be an offer for hosts outside the USA to purchase any shares? 

Helen
Susan377
Level 3
Bluemont, VA

I've just checked into this topic but have been interested for a long time. Is there an updated summary of what the policy was and how it was implemented with respect to offering hosts to participate in the IPO?  I've been a host, mostly a super host for about 6 years and was able to get my shares. I was a bit of a squeaky wheel on this topic and I'd be interested to get a fuller understanding of the policy that supported the offering, and the various factors that went into deciding which hosts would receive the option to join the IPO. if there is a dedicated place in the community to discuss this please let me know. If not maybe we need a new website for the topic. Thanks. Susan

Katherine658
Level 2
Chicago, IL

i wanted in but couldnt get any they care zero about us.