Attention fellow hosts and lurking guests: “The Perfect Request”

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Attention fellow hosts and lurking guests: “The Perfect Request”

Just thought I’d share this as an example of The Perfect Request. The guy had 3 5* reviews as well. Had no problem accepting it, obviously.

Hi Patricia. My wife and I will be traveling to Maui for the third time, and couldn't be more excited that we found your condo! We haven't been to Maui during February, and are excited to hopefully see some whales and enjoy things during peak season. It will be just the two of use traveling, and we hope you'll agree to allow us to stay. Thanks! ~<guest’s name>

Although such politeness, information-sharing, and flattery isn’t a hard requirement with me, it doesn’t hurt. 🙂 It also doesn’t guarantee the perfect stay, as sometimes guests are on their best behavior while booking. Still, intros like this go a long way with me. When both parties strive for a pleasant, feel-good collaboration, everybody wins.

Any other examples of Perfect Requests?

@Robin4, I’m sure you have some gems (to go along with your usual wise words)…

15 Replies 15
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pat271 

Hi Pat, great to see you around the CC boards again. 

I think possibly the best guest intro message I have ever seen is my own!

I am turning 80 in August, I have bought all the airfares and am taking the whole family down to Hobart in Tasmania and this is the enquiry message I sent to Clarissa the host.......

Hobart Booking AA.png

Quick as a flash she sent back an approval for us to book. Clarissa's property is 150 acres within 15 minutes of the centre of Hobart and has 6 houses on it, one of which the host lives in and the other 5 she lets out on Airbnb. There are heaps on animals both domestic and wild on the property which the grandies will love and I am sure we are going to have a great stay and be good guests to host!

You are right Pat, as a host you can never have too much guest information! 

Cheers......Rob