Being lied to

Sebastian29
Level 3
Islington, United Kingdom

Being lied to

What do other hosts do when Airbnb tell outright lies both to them as hosts and also to their guests?

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sebastian29  Can you give an example of the lies you're referring to? Many customer service reps are totally incompetent, know less about Airbnb policies than most hosts do, and give erroneous advice or information. 

@Sarah977 Yes "Many customer service reps are totally incompetent, know less about Airbnb policies than most hosts do, and give erroneous advice or information."

I had a rep tell me to pay someone outside of Airbnb they actually suggested I use PayPal. lol. Okay right and then get shut down. I don't think so.  

@Jillian115  I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of these CS reps have been Airbnb guests, with bad reviews, because they failed to read the listing info, ignored house rules, and left bad ratings and reviews due to their own negligence.

If they don't know policy in their job as CS reps, they wouldn't know it as guests, either. Which could be a logical reason why they so often favor guests over hosts.

My host lied to us, what can i do? @Sarah977 @Sebastian29 @Jillian115