Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Bella Vista, Arkansas is requesting public input on Short Term Rental's in the community?

Aaron896
Level 1
Coeur d'Alene, ID

Bella Vista, Arkansas is requesting public input on Short Term Rental's in the community?

I attended a community meeting at Bella Vista City Hall last week where they had a written open comment forum.  This was the first of the meetings to come where they asked for pubic input by written or email in regards to Short Term Rentals like Airbnb and others in the community.  They shared some stats and discussed some negative impacts like nuisance calls for the police department and lack of permit tracking.  

My question to other Airbnb host.  Is there some FACTUAL data that Airbnb or similar has that will help us lobby a common ground decision?  I can get behind a permit and some basic tax.  But i certainly dont want the city to just shut the door and create an ordinance that does not support STR's.

Thanks for your input on this matter.

1 Reply 1
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Aaron896 ! It's been a while since you posted, have you found yet what you were looking for?

It may be worth asking your question in one of the local Host Clubs as well, as there might be other Hosts in your area that are concerned about this. You can find them here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

I hope that helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen