Bizarre blocked calendar

Bizarre blocked calendar

This is actually happening with a different host's account, but I'm trying to help them.

The host relisted a listing that had been unlisted for months, and then began updating various details and parameters in the listing.  In very short time, the calendar for that listing suddenly showed a "Jasime Gordley" blocking the calendar for the next couple months starting tomorrow.  No inquiry or booking request shows up in the host's inbox.  The name cannot be clicked on in the calendar and the calendar cannot be altered because it is blocked.

This random name just showed up and perma-blocked part of the calendar without explanation.  

Any ideas?

The only idea I had was that this person is a spammer and they made a booking request and then had their account shut down.

21 Replies 21
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Was instant book enabled and max stay setting long enough to accommodate a long term booking? Is there anything under the reservation list showing this is confirmed, etc? If no solid info, sounds like (unfortunately) getting in touch with Airbnb is required.

There is nothing in the reservations list.

I believe instant booking was turned off.

@Christopher187 Have they checked their account activity log?

That's a new one to me.  Where does one find that?

@Christopher187 

here you will see the list of devices currently logged in to your account

https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings/login-and-security

here you can check account settings

https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings

here you can check your listing's activity (also note 3 tabs - dates, listings, users)

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting/log

No evidence anywhere in the log page, or any other place in my account other than by looking at the calendar, that the rooms are blocked.

@Christopher187 Well, at least it seems you can rule out a hacking attempt of some sort. Looks like Nick is on it for you now. Must be a bug. weird and very aggravating.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Did you check both the Airbnb app and the desktop software?

UPDATE: Now my own calendar has two rooms blocked by "Jasmine Gordley" and two blocked by "Sarah Kim".

Exact same phenomenon as the other host.  I never received any booking inquiry and I do not have instant book on.  

And I've also confirmed the same issue with a third host in the area (also blocked by "Jasmine").

I've called Airbnb three times over the past 24 hours and the other hosts experiencing the same issue have also called.  None of the reps will take any action to clear our blocked calendars.  They keep repeating the same nonsensical suggestions over and over (such as saying that after 24 hours the block will go away, even though it's already been there for ~3 days).

Is there any way to further escalate such a problem?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nick @Stephanie  Can you help ping this to Airbnb for some real help? 3 hosts with their calendars blocked by non-existent reservations all from supposedly the same two "guests"?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

How strange! Thank you for reporting this @Christopher187 - I've sent the information over to the team again now and will update you via DM when I know more. 

Thanks again (you too @Sarah977 ) 

Thanks Nick!  

Unfortunately, it seems like another day will go by where the three of us have our calendars blocked.

@Nick 

And yet another day gone by and we all still have our calendars blocked...

We've each called Airbnb multiple times...