Booking with out getting to review

Answered!
Shari175
Level 1
Charlotte, TN

Booking with out getting to review

What am I doing wrong? Guests are getting to confirm bookings before I even get to read their message. One person just booked and messaged me that they will be bringing three dogs. I have a 1 dog limit. What do I do? 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shari175 Turn off instant book - It is enabled automatically by Airbnb

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shari175 Turn off instant book - It is enabled automatically by Airbnb

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Shari175  Before you turn off instant book, you are allowed 3 penalty-free instant book cancellations per year, so I'd cancel that booking that thinks they can show up with three dogs when you specify only one. Check to bix that says you are uncomfortable with the reservation.

Then change your settings to require that guests send requests to book.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Shari175 ,

Both @Sarah977 and @Mike-And-Jane0 have provided you great advice on your question. Did it help? If so, please mark the chosen answer as "Most Helpful".

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Angelica-Y-Jorge0
Level 10
Mazatlán, Mexico

@Shari175 I agree you could turn off instant book but it does impact your search ranking in Airbnb. When I read your listing I see pets allowed but I do not see the 1 dog limit in your house rules. I do not see where the guest booking would know there was a 1 dog limit?

I would add this to your house rules and in your property description so it is clear to guests. 

For the guest that messaged you with the 3 dogs (I would ask what kind of dogs they are) 3 Chihuahua's are different than 3 Great Danes. If you are still uncomfortable I would ask the guest to cancel and offer a full refund vs you cancelling so it will not count against you.

Jorge