Brian's Message was sincere but unsatisfactory for the host

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Brian's Message was sincere but unsatisfactory for the host

First of all, thank you Brian for taking the time to leave this message and for the countless hours your team has put in. I truly appreciate it. I am only speaking for myself, but none of your proposed plans made me feel more comfortable with the situation.

• Take back all the handouts, I want to know what is our roadmap to succeed. I wanted to hear that full refund cancellations due to Covid-19 would end or not end and by when. So I can decided the fate of my Airbnb.

• I wanted the guests to receive full credit, a 50% refund or more if the host agreed.

• None of your proposals involved the host being part of the process.

• The 12.5% payment to hosts is a joke. I hope the 25% number was not intentional as to make the payment to hosts seem larger than it is.

Once again I really appreciate your effort, but as for me. I don't think your team has listened.

30 Replies 30

We are Superhosts with Airbnb for 6 years now and have worked tirelessly as partners of Airbnb. Yes we totally agree that Airbnb just left the hosts out in the cold. What is the point of having a cancellation policy when you can just decide not to follow it! At least consult the hosts who provide their beautiful homes.

25% of cancellation fees for hosts? Are you kidding me? What about the other 75%? We, the home providers have to suffer that loss on our own?

Airbnb hosts around the world are not happy at all with this. 

We should come together to create a new app and lets say goodbye to Airbnb.