Bush fires south coast Jervis bay

Kate204
Level 2
Vincentia, AU

Bush fires south coast Jervis bay

Airbnb has no right to refund guess there is an article that I will post it’s case-by-case we never had any threat and on the day I get booked for Huskisson there was no threat there is no smoke but still Airbnb cancelled even though I have proof the roads were closed the fires weren’t even close

2 Replies 2

@Kate204  I haven't heard much about how Airbnb is handling the Australian fires, but in the past they have given a wide latitude to guests canceling travel to a region due to a widespread and unpredictable natural disaster.

In my opinion the Extenuating Circumstances clause is used too much in cases when the guest should have bought travel insurance. However, if your area winds up under evacuation orders this policy would also protect you from cancellation penalties. 

Kate204
Level 2
Vincentia, AU

Yes as stated there wasn’t any threat of fires in our area it was more than 2 hours away. In Europe that’s like two countries away!!. Our prime minister even mention Airbnb in the media that they should not cancel and refunding as it’s crippling our small country towns that rely on Christmas trade and to encourage Airbnb to change dates or reschedule so people come back in these town.  He also stated that Airbnb is on the case to case basis . I will be taking it further to support our town. The squeaky wheel can make a lot of sound. Airbnb has to learn that they can’t play God with people’s income. I have all the evidence and administration to back this up .  Airbnb has just gone down the hill so quickly there’s been shootings, deaths   Unfortunately now  Air BnB  houses are known as the constant party houses in Australia and the councils in NSW are trying to shut Airbnb down which is a shame for the host that do the right thing and have strict terms and conditions and limit the amount of people. It should be very clear  on Air BnB only 2 adults per room and the host should have full control of the security deposit or be able to take a damage deposit like on booking.com this will stop any disrespectful guests taking advantage of other people‘s property . I know you don’t rent your entire house out and you’re always there so it’s a different situation but for the host’s that have to just hand the keys over to strangers it pretty scary and a lot of Air BnB guests are take advantage of that and the fact Airbnb does not take the bond off the credit card and there insurance company does not cover anything its all BS.