C-host payment

Azita3
Level 1
Running Springs, CA

C-host payment

I've recently added a co-host. I've already set up automated messaging. Since I own several listings, sometimes interacting with guests and answering their questions can get overwhelming. I just want her to take charge of this matter and respond to guests through Airbnb messaging. How much should I pay her? What is the appropriate calculation?

1 Reply 1

@Azita3   If your co-host is only in charge of communications, and not physically attending to the homes, I'd recommend offering a fixed monthly wage. Freelancers working side gigs like this really appreciate having a consistent, dependable source of supplemental income, especially when the assignment requires them to be on call 7 days a week to get those responses out in time. In turn, you retain a trained assistant despite having only a part-time position to offer.

As for the dollar amount:  in your case, the position is basically a virtual assistant. That job goes for roughly $18 per hour in California, so for a commitment of up to 1 hour per day, $550-600 per month seems like a fair starting point. But if times come up when you need the co-host to handle things on-site, a commission on each stay she handles would be appropriate.