Can guests see the star reviews you gave them

Can guests see the star reviews you gave them

Its been a long time since I got rated as a guest - so I am just wondering will a guest see the actual star rating I gave them or just the written review and or  average star review

Happy to provide a positive review the guest will see - but I don't want to give a 5 star review for house rules - when its clear I ask people to take off shoes and there are muddy shoe prints  (its a farm, with red mud and I have carpet).

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jodie115 Guests don’t see their stars. Keep in mind only hosts who have Instant Book on see the star ratings of guests. And the star rating doesn’t tell you much. The

stars really are of limited use. Best to be as honest as possible in a written review. You can do it without being nasty.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I'll second what Colleen has said. Non-IB hosts who aren't privy to seeing star ratings get frustrated with hosts who leave a positive written review, failing to mention any of the things the guests did that led the host to leave a lower star rating. It's misleading and creates a situation where hosts get stuck with guests you wouldn't want back because what you wrote made them sound like great guests.

Better not to leave a review at all than shy away from honesty.

@Jodie115

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Using your example . . a positive written review but lower than perfect star ratings shows just how useless the rating system is when making decision on whether to host a guest or not based on their reviews.