Can this listing be trusted

Mary3726
Level 2
Canberra, AU

Can this listing be trusted

I am looking to stay in Vancouver for 5 days in June. One listing looks perfect but is less than half the price of others. The host is verified and there are 7 positive reviews. The listing looks too good to be true. Should I be wary? 

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mary3726 

Could you please post the ad?

If the host has 7 positive reviews, it should be OK, but please post so Airbnb can have a look

thanks 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Mary3726 

Without seeing the actual listing, it's impossible to tell for sure whether or not it can be trusted 

However, the answer to your question is yes, you should be wary of any listing that's less than half the price of others. Very wary. As for the 7 positive reviews - again, it's difficult to tell without seeing the reviews themselves, but the reality is, there are thousands of unscrupulous operators on the platform, that populate their "listings", with false reviews from fake profiles connected to their own accounts, so you can't rely on reviews as a reliable barometer of the "host's" trustworthiness either (especially with only 7)

So while it may just be a case of a new host pricing low to get the bookings, it's also just aa likely to be a scam. I'd find something else, if I were you. Not worth the risk.