Trust and Safety Team - Refund

Faisal36
Level 1
Sydney, AU

Trust and Safety Team - Refund

Hi all,

I have been waiting for a month to hear back from the "Trust and Safety Team" who are looking into an incorrect refund amount.

I had initially booked this accommodation for $871.23 with payment made on December 10. The booking was for December 27th - January 4th.  Subsequently, the owner reached out through Airbnb requesting a further $551.40 bond. I paid this amount also through Airbnb. Directly following the second payment ($551.40), I received the following email from Airbnb: "We’re reaching out because you were recently in contact with an account that was removed for violating the Airbnb Terms of Service." The account and property were removed from Airbnb and i was refunded only $551.40 I no longer had access to the booking or contact with the owner as they were both removed.

I have since been reaching out in regards to the remaining $871.23 that I should also receive. However everytime i call the customer support line i receive the same response saying the issue has been flagged as urgent and the Safety team is looking into it. They also mentioned they cannot transfer me to a direct call with the team. I have tried calling every second day to follow up but had no updates.

Is there anyway i can possibly reach out to the case manager/team responsible? I do not want to keep bothering the front line customer service as they have no power to issue the refund apparently. However, the amount is significant (to me anyways). Any suggestions on what to do? 

2 Replies 2

Did they ever resolve this? We had a safety issue and people were shooting drugs in the open inside the garage for our unit and a homeless woman was living in there as well. One of the men came at us demanding money and we left as fast as we could never even entered the property because we would have had to risk going through them. 1 block over was police investigating a unresponsive body on the ground between a dumpster and fence, they told us that drugs and crime and gangs were an issue there and no it wasn’t a good situation. We are still waiting. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Hernan-And-Laurie0, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you've been in. I hope you're ok. Just so you know, I've passed this on to the team so that they can follow this up for you.  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen